[WP760x][HW] Pupose of TP1(Boot Pin)

Q1:
I think the purpose of TP1 is reduced the time to update FW via DM port, because the module is not needed the boot-up time in the case of enabling TP1.
Is that right?

Q2:
If “Yes” of it, do you have the maximum time to be reduce FW update time by enabling TP1?

Back Ground:
The customer confirmed that FW update time of Base Legato system(.cwe) is not reduced even if TP1 is enabled.
So we want double confirm about TP1 purpose.

It just saves the time for rebooting into download only mode, it won’t speed up the time for updating cwe.

Hi, jyijyi

Do you have test result how to reduce rebooting time if TP1 is enabled?
We would like to know whether is controlled TP1 to reduce rebooting time, but our test result is not reduced rebooting time during FW update.
That’s why we want your test result for reference.

When you use the Windows one click EXE to update the module FW, the fdt tool will ask the module to go into download mode, you can see this in the UART console. After that, module will reboot and go into DM only mode in device manager.

So if you enable the TP1 pin, module will directly go into download mode, after that you can enter the follwoing in admin mode of command prompt:
C:\Users\jyi\Desktop\WP76xx_Release13.3_GENERIC_GCF>fdt2.exe -f WP76xx_Release13.3_GENERIC_GCF.spk

Hi, jyijyi

the fdt tool will ask the module to go into download mode, you can see this in the UART console.
module will directly go into download mode, after that you can enter the follwoing in admin mode of command prompt:

How many times can the module finish FW update by enabling TP1?

what do you mean?
Do you mean you want to run several time of “fdt2.exe -f WP76xx_Release13.3_GENERIC_GCF.spk”?

Hi, jyijyi

Do you mean you want to run several time of “fdt2.exe -f WP76xx_Release13.3_GENERIC_GCF.spk”?

I would like to know how to reduce run several time of “fdt2.exe -f WP76xx_Release13.3_GENERIC_GCF.spk if TP1 is enabled.

<Run time of “fdt2.exe -f WP76xx_Release13.3_GENERIC_GCF.spk>
[case-1] TP1 enable: xx sec
[case-2] TP1 disable: yy sec
→ I would like to know “xx” and “yy” in your side, because our test result is not different “xx” and “yy”.

please write down the full procedure of case 1 and case 2.
e.g. when do you switch the TP1 ?
How do you run several time of the fdt command?
What command parameter did you use in the procedure?

Hi, jyijyi

[case-1]
(1) Enabled TP1
(2) update Base Legato System(.cwe) by executing FDT tool in Win10 PC

[case-2]
(1) update Base Legato System(.cwe) by executing FDT tool in Win10 PC

HW: mangOH Green Host PC: Windows10

In your case 1 and case 2, the only difference is that case 1 will have DM only mode to download FW when power on. For case 2, you can see from UART console that module will first shutdown and then reboot to DM only mode.

Hi, jyijyi

case 1 will have DM only mode to download FW when power on.

Yes, and I believed that case-1 can be reduced run time of FW update by executing FDT tool.
Is my understanding correct?

If “No”, could you tell me any use-case to enable TP1?

yes, you are correct.

Hi, jyijyi

yes, you are correct.

We confirmed that total run time of FW update by executing FDT tool is not reduced even if TP1 is enabled.
That’s why I’m not sure whether run time of FW update is reduced by enabling TP1, that’s why we would like to know your test result of run time of FW update, in the case of enabling TP1.

this is expected, as i said before the FW update time is the same in both case 1 and case2.
The only time you saved is in case 2 you need to wait the module to shutdown and then reboot to DM only mode.