Flash size wp7607

not in yocto build, you might need to add it to user application area after module boot up.(maybe using ECM interface to transfer file to those area)

Here is an example on how to run ffmpeg:

Thank you @jyijyi for sharing this information. It will definitely help.
I am trying to write a recipe to add xxx.txt file to /mnt/flash/legato/ partition during build (make image_bin) and would lile this file to appears in the system after flashing.
Is it possible to do this and can you please send me any example recipe or instructions?
Cheers,

please see attached doc:
[WP76xx] Example on putting own files and building helloworld application into yocto image.docx (20.9 KB)

Thanks @jyijyi.
Is there a way for my recipe to add xxx.txt to the /legato User space partition during build? Maybe using mkapp?

you need to first have an application to bundle your xxx.txt.
you need to build the application into legato.cwe.

Thanks @jyijyi.
Is there a example recipe I can use to bundle xxx.txt?

didn’t i already show you how to bring file into yocto image in “Example on putting own files and building helloworld application into yocto image.docx”???

Yes you did, I will go through that document.
Images I am building doesnt have legato.cwe. Is there a variable I need to add to create this file with make?

No idea how to do this.
Normally i will make the legato.cwe seperately.

ok. could you please share details how you make legato.cwe? Thanks.

1. Install the Application Framework:
    Install the Application Framework - Legato Docs

2. Install the toolchain:
    Install the Toolchain - Legato Docs

3. Configure the Application Framework
    Configure the Application Framework - Legato Docs

4. make wp76xx

Thanks @jyijyi. I was able to include legato.cwe build with my yocto build. I will test flashing legato.cwe image using developer studio and let you know.
Appreciate your help.

hi @jyijyi, Thanks for your help earlier. I was able to build <legate.cwe> and <system.wp76xx.update> file using make wp76xx command.
Also I was to add myCustom.adef file and build separately with command:
mkapp -t wp76xx apps/sample/myApp/myCustom.adef

Now, I am trying to add myCustom.adef to build with make wp76xx command, so that I can create <system.wp76xx.include.myCustom.update> file.
Is there a way to do it? Could you please advise which file I need to modify?

Thanks.

you can go to legato-19.02.0/modules/WiFi/wifi.sdef, under “apps:” section, add
e.g.
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/sample/helloWorld/helloWorld.adef

Now the new app will be included in legato.cwe.

Please also note that the max size for legato partition is 8MB.

I did that but it didnt work for me. I am using legato-20.04.0 and modified default.sdef file. Is that correct?

Also, how can I add modules to following partition:
/dev/ubi3_0 104.5M 13.3M 86.5M 13% /legato

please modify wifi.sdef, I remember it works for me.

UBI3 belongs to MTD15 which is userapp partition:

root@swi-mdm9x28-wp:~# cat /sys/class/ubi/ubi3/mtd_num

As said before, you need to use USB ECM interface to transfer file to userapp partition.

Awesome. Yes it worked. Thanks.

Hi @jyijyi,
What would you recommed is the best way to update the device tree changes to the legato system. Is it best to set up legato yocto build or can we make changes using legato.cwe?
Thanks.