Changing rootfS size build issue with sysfs_volume

Continuing the discussion from How to use Valgrind on WP76 to investigate memory leaks:

I am facing the same issue as in this thread any idea why the build is failing? Was trying to create an image for webcam demo as per the pdf in the forum , earlier it was working and now it is failing

You cannot embed all the binary related to Valgrind to the yocto image.
As said before, you need to use scp to download to RAM area to make the test.

@jyijyi,

The question is not about valgrind but more about webcam demo from the pdf.

recently downloaded the R13.1 source code for WP7608 and was surprised to see that as per the instructions from the document when building the image facing this error.

Previously this error was not faced so can you let me know what has changed in the source code.mangOH - WebCam Demo.pdf (1.0 MB)

You mean you have changed the following?
./meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9x28/conf/machine/swi-mdm9x28.conf
→ can add UBI_ROOTFS_SIZE ?= “48MiB”

@jyijyi,

yes I am doing the same thing previously it was working and we did successfull build, now suddenly we are seeing errors.

Can you let me know why this error is now when we download the R13.1 source from source.sierrawireless.com and try building it.

Thanks

Pankaj Sant

Probably this image is too big…
the image size of R9 and R13.1 are different.

What UBI_ROOTFS_SIZE are you using now?

@jyijyi ,

The image size is big is understood but the build should not fail when we change the UBI_ROOTFS_SIZE, current value is 40MB and what I am using is 48MB. I believe this is just a check to ensure an image with size bigger than UBI_ROOTFS_SIZE is not built and produces an error.

but in this case image is not built although the UBI_ROOTFS_SIZE is mentioned 48MB so it should have allowed an image to build upto 48MB in size but clearly that is not the case and seems like there is some additional code added which is preventing it from building in the do_prepare_ubi function of the recipe mdm9x28-image-minimal

I modify the following:
./meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9x28/recipes-core/images/mdm9x28-image.inc

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " gstreamer1.0"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " gstreamer1.0-plugins-base"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " gstreamer1.0-plugins-good"

./meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9x28/conf/machine/swi-mdm9x28.conf
→ modify UBI_ROOTFS_SIZE ?= “48MiB”

I don’t see problem to make the yocto image with R13 yocto source:

owner@CNHKG-EX-001367:~/Yocto/WP76/R13.3/yocto$ ls -l ./build_bin/tmp/deploy/images/swi-mdm9x28-wp/yocto_wp76xx.4k.cwe -l
-rw-r--r-- 1 owner owner 42461728 Aug 11 18:24 ./build_bin/tmp/deploy/images/swi-mdm9x28-wp/yocto_wp76xx.4k.cwe

@jyijyi ,

If you are using old source then it should work, I downloaded the source from the website and build it and was surprised to see the error.

No problem is found for R16 yocto source which is downloaded from github, you can try that:

owner@CNHKG-EX-001367:~/Yocto/WP76/R16$ ls ./build_bin/tmp/deploy/images/swi-mdm9x28-wp/yocto_wp76xx.4k.cwe  -l
-rw-r--r-- 1 owner owner 43047456 Aug 12 15:13 ./build_bin/tmp/deploy/images/swi-mdm9x28-wp/yocto_wp76xx.4k.cwe