Problem with modemDemo sample app

I am having an issue with the sample app modemDemo. I am using an FX30S.

It does run, but I never receive the initiating text on my phone.

Obviously I am missing some detail.

I have changed the log level to DEBUG and see the debug output from SendMessage(), but never receive the text.

Any suggestions on how to debug this?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi @mjbutsch,
Have you tried uncommenting the line ( send “<input number” “Welcome to modemDemo app”) in modemDemo.adef file and replacing “<input number” with your cell number?

We tried uncommenting the line ( send “<input number” “Welcome to modemDemo app”) in modemDemo.adef file and replacing “<input number” with cell number, We were able able to receive the text on our phone after we installed the application with the changes mentioned above.

Note: We had installed firmware version R14.0.4.002 on FX30(ethernet) and used legato.16.10.1.m3 to build the application.

Regards,
Muralidhara N.

Yes, I did uncomment that line and replace the number and text.

I also tried using le_sms_SendText() and did not receive any texts either.

Is there some configuration magic necessary for texting from the FX30S?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi @mjbutsch,
We didn’t do anything extra other than uncommenting that line in.adef file. We are able able to receive the text on our phone successfully without any issues.

To check why you are not able to receive the text, Please provide complete the legato logs (logread -f) right from when you start the application.

Also just for confirmation, Was there enough signal strength and status was registered to the network? If in case of you are not aware how to check signal strength and status, You can check this using the command “cm radio”.

Regards,
Muralidhara N.