No Legato Icon in VSCode

I have installed VSCode, WSL1, Ubuntu-18.04, Python 3, Leaf, and the Legato Extension as described here:

Then continued with the Plugin installation as described here:

But, after step 6 install VSCode Legato Tools, I don’t have any Legato icon:

I have done the ‘Reload Window’.

So what am I missing?

So I am stuck at step 7:

I don’t have the Legato icon, and no prompt asking me to create or select a system.

I have restarted VSCode.

i installed swi-vscode-support-legacy_190924 at that time, and it worked for me

I have swi-vscode-support_200624 - which is currently marked as ‘latest’:

Do you think that is broken?

Would it be just a matter of removing one, and then adding the other?

I see swi-vscode-support_190924 in the list, but not swi-vscode-support-legacy_190924:

is there any difference?

try ctrl+shift+p, chose reload window and then see what happens: I see the “create system options”: if you don’t create a system, you don’t see Legato Icon. Legato Icon Appears only when you create a system. SWI-VSCODE is not necessary to open legato (but you have to install it!)

As I said - I have done that.

EDIT: also tried closing & restarting VSCode.

As I said, I don’t get any prompt to create or select a system.

So is there another way to “force” that prompt?

Do you find this problem in linux PC

I am on Windows.

Is this a known limitation with using this stuff on Windows?

Awaiting an update on the WSL2 testing that was due “in coming weeks” back in Feb 2020:

I used Virtual machine on Windows.

Indeed. But the whole point of the linked article by @bbo is to work “without a cumbersome virtual machine

And, presumably, @bbo (and @Sarra ?) have managed to get it to work?

So how do you “open legato” otherwise?

So I did remove swi-vscode-support_200624 and add swi-vscode-support_190924; but exactly the same - no pop-up or prompt about selecting or creating a System.

But I do get this pop-up:

Hence the question about WSL 2.

OK - I found this in the ‘All Commands’ list:

But Legato/System: New just gives:

:frowning_face:

I see there’s also a Developer: Open logs folder command.

If I do that, in the rendere1.log file I see stuff like this:

[2021-05-28 16:18:05.068] [renderer1] [error] ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/home/awn/le-wsp/leaf-data/mangOH-yellow-wp77/Octave-mangOH-yellow-wp77xx': Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/home/awn/le-wsp/leaf-data/mangOH-yellow-wp77/Octave-mangOH-yellow-wp77xx'
[2021-05-28 16:18:05.069] [renderer1] [error] ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/home/awn/le-wsp/leaf-data/mangOH-yellow-wp77/mangOH-yellow-wp77xx-toolchain': Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/home/awn/le-wsp/leaf-data/mangOH-yellow-wp77/mangOH-yellow-wp77xx-toolchain'
[2021-05-28 16:18:05.069] [renderer1] [error] ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/home/awn/le-wsp/leaf-data/mangOH-yellow-wp77/swi-legato': Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/home/awn/le-wsp/leaf-data/mangOH-yellow-wp77/swi-legato'
[2021-05-28 16:18:05.069] [renderer1] [error] ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/home/awn/le-wsp/leaf-data/mangOH-yellow-wp77/swi-vscode-support': Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/home/awn/le-wsp/leaf-data/mangOH-yellow-wp77/swi-vscode-support'
[2021-05-28 16:18:05.070] [renderer1] [error] ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/home/awn/le-wsp/leaf-data/mangOH-yellow-wp77/wp77-modem-image': Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/home/awn/le-wsp/leaf-data/mangOH-yellow-wp77/wp77-modem-image'
[2021-05-28 16:49:10.751] [renderer1] [error] ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/home/awn/le-wsp/leaf-data/mangOH-yellow-wp77/wp77-modem-image': Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/home/awn/le-wsp/leaf-data/mangOH-yellow-wp77/wp77-modem-image'

So is there a way to create the “system” manually, and then “select” it manually?

Or is there a way to get details about what the “error” was - in order to fix it ?

Ah - the full message is:

@awneil , I had the same issue and was because my leaf profile wasn’t sync’d. Exact error here - Unable to sync leaf profile - #2 by jyijyi

I switched to WSL2 Ubuntu-18.04 and was able to complete the setup. The Legato extension then showed up in vscode.