Newbie help - Can't install Legato Framework

Hi,

I am new to the ecosystem and have a mangOH yellow board, which I want to connect to the cloud using MQTT for building an IOT pipeline. I was trying to install the Legato Application Framework following the instructions on legato website (i am not able to put more than two links in this post)

but I am stuck at this error:

ravneetsingh@RavneetPersonal:~/workspace/legatoAF$ repo init -u GitHub - legatoproject/manifest: repo manifests for Legato
remote: Repository not found.
fatal: repository ‘https://github.com/git-repo/repo/’ not found
repo: error: “git” failed with exit status 128
cwd: /home/ravneetsingh/workspace/legatoAF/.repo/repo.tmp
cmd: [‘git’, ‘fetch’, ‘–quiet’, ‘–progress’, ‘origin’, ‘+refs/heads/:refs/remotes/origin/’, ‘+refs/tags/:refs/tags/’]
fatal: double check your --repo-rev setting.
fatal: cloning the git-repo repository failed, will remove ‘.repo/repo’

Earlier I had reached somewhat ahead using hit and trial (without understanding everything) by directly downloading a tarball and extracting it and then installing a toolchain, but with issues at each step. This time I wanted to do it carefully understanding more. I’d be really grateful for any help! Thank you so much!!

suggest you to use the leaf and VSCode for development in Ubuntu 16 or Ubuntu 18:

Thank you so much for your reply!!

Actually I am using Ubuntu 20.04 on WSL on my windows laptop using:

wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Release: 20.04
Codename: focal

I can remove this and install Ubuntu 18 if you suggest that will be better!
Also
Do you mean to say that Legato Application framework is not required? I was just trying to follow the steps here: Install the Application Framework - Legato Docs

and I am getting stuck at many steps not working.

Was also trying this video resource: 01 Installing Legato and mangOH on Device - YouTube

Please let me know if you suggest some other resources to follow (I am looking at the two links you shared) Thank you so much!! :slight_smile:

after installing leaf tool, you need to download the required package according to your module’s firmware.
(you can have a list of all the package in “leaf search”)

Btw My objective is to finally use this github repo:

And for that I was trying to install legato framework so that I can use this app to connect to the cloud.

then i suggest you to install the corresponding package and try to build a helloworld simple application and download to module as practice first

Thank you for this! Will try installing leaf first then. Also since I am new to Ubuntu as well, will need to figure how to run VSCode on Ubuntu which is already running on WSL :confused:

yes but that package itself is a legato app, and after some reading, I got to know that for building a legato app and then updating the same to the device (mangOH yellow) I need to first install the legato application framework. Which is why I was going through these steps