Cant find definition file or binary app for app specification

I am trying to bake one of my apps into the legato OS so that I can create a .CWE and replace the base OS with a modified version that includes my app.

I can compile the app and install it via an update but I would like to be able to have this app be installed, should the legato system be marked as bad - resulting in a rollback. I want the rollback to include my app.

I can successfully compile and get the CWE file if I do not include my app in the default.sdef file - which shows that the OS is compiling to an image correctly without the new app.

Upon adding the path to the app folder unders the apps section of the default.sdef file and trying to compile, I get an error as follows:

error: Can’t find definition file (assetData.adef) or binary app (assetData.wp77xx.app) for app specification ‘/home/mangoh/.leaf/wp77-legato_20.04.0-202004151904/apps/ED2/assetData’.
Note: Looked in the following places:
‘modules/WiFi’

Why cant the assetData.adef or app specification be found?

Why is it looking in modules/WiFi, and how can I expand this to look where it needs to look?

Can you try to include the helloworld app first?

you can go to legato-19.02.0/modules/WiFi/wifi.sdef instead of modifying the default.sdef, under “apps:” section, add
e.g.
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/sample/helloWorld/helloWorld.adef

Now the new app will be included in legato.cwe.

Hello, thank you for the reply.

I commented the include for my custom app, then I tried to include the hello world app and got the same errors: please see below.

** ERROR:
/home/mangoh/.leaf/wp77-legato_20.04.0-202004151904/default.sdef:34:4: error: Can’t find definition file (helloWorld.adef) or binary app (helloWorld.wp77xx.app) for app specification ‘LEGATO_ROOT/apps/sample/helloWorld/helloWorld.adef’.
Note: Looked in the following places:
‘modules/WiFi’

you can go to legato-19.02.0/modules/WiFi/wifi.sdef instead of modifying the default.sdef, under “apps:” section, add
e.g.
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/sample/helloWorld/helloWorld.adef