WP76xx FW Release 17 major issues

It seems to me FW release 17 downloaded from here:

https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/software/wp76xx/wp76xx-firmware-release-17/#sthash.tFjc3t0y.dpbs

Is majorly broken right now ignoring all the issues I’m having migrating my apps over to this release. If we just take the case of creating a completely fresh app using leaf extension of vscode.

Adding:
swi-vscode-support-2000624 and
swi-wp76_6.0.0

to the profile and doing the standard create app and create system.

An error occurred when loading Legato system view: { "buildParams" : { "args" : [ "/home/dan/r17test/leaf-data/r17p/swi-vscode-support/bin/mkparse", "-t", "wp76xx", "/home/dan/r17test/r17p.sdef" ], "beVerbose" : false, "binPack" : false, "codeGenOnly" : false, "compiler" : { "archiverPath" : "/home/dan/r17test/leaf-data/r17p/wp76-toolchain/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ar", "assemblerPath" : "/home/dan/r17test/leaf-data/r17p/wp76-toolchain/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-as", "cCompilerPath" : ......

bzip2: (stdin): trailing garbage after EOF ignored
tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword 'LIBARCHIVE.xattr.security.selinux'

There are so many error more than 1000 so I don’t really know what to attach in this thread and just wondered whether either somethings coming soon to fix it and I should wait as its a known issue.

If anyone can point me in any direction for a fix to this that would be great. I would love to hear from anyone who has got this release working with vscode and the wp76xx module.

I don’t see problem in Ubuntu 16:

Ubuntu 16! I’m running this on Ubuntu 18LTS maybe that’s my problem I’ll go and spin up a ubuntu 16 VM and see.

do you see problem in R16 leaf package (swi-wp76_5.0.0 ) installation in Ubuntu18?
I remember I can also install this R16 leaf package(swi-wp76_5.0.0 ) in Ubuntu18.

I’ve been using legato and leaf with the WP modules for about 3 years now never had any issue with Ubuntu 18 or issues with swi-wp76_5.0.0 as soon as R17 I get so many errors I can’t work through them all. But the two errors/messages that I provided I think may be root cause there’s something wrong with the buildparams and this libarchive security (I know security was a bit aspect of this update).

Doesn’t seem that ubuntu 16 works. I get the following error when trying to create a system

It does seem to have fixed quite a lot of the other errors however. Or it’s stuck at this stage before those errors are generated. FYI I was able to at least create a system before but it would fail on app creation.

not sure why it used localhost instead of wp76xx
is it ok to install R16 leaf package in ubuntu 16?

On ubuntu 16 I get this when creating an app.

Which I don’t get on 18LTS. using the following packaged:

swi-wp76_5.0.7

any thoughts?

can you try with a simple helloworld app first?

I can’t create an app I get the following error:

I’ve been informed by my WP76xx distributer they can also not get R17 working so I think following your help to try and get R16 working on ubuntu 16 when I’ve already got R16 working on ubuntu 18 might be a waste I think it’s most likely broken for a lot of people and you just got lucky. I would ask you a counter question. Can you get a hello work application working with R17? Including actually running on the device?

R17 installation has caused even more issues than I previously thought. It has broken my dev environment meaning even if I checkout my older revisions pre updating to R17 now no apps work on older R16 packages. Build and install the app on device makes alot legato service fail with GLIBC_2.28 Not Found errors. This then crashes the system and causes reset until revert to last working. My belief is installation of R17 has updated or removed GLIBC_2.28 Not Found so now when legato installs the services with that file needed its no longer available and doesn’t get put on the device then all the services fail as it’s required. Keep in mind I’m doing this on a wp7607 that has never seen R17 firmware and has always been on R16.3 what a mess!

Does your WP76xx distributer see same problem?

I can compile helloworld app in both swi-wp76_5.0.0 and swi-wp76_6.0.0

hello1.wp76xx_swi-wp76_5.0.0.update (10.4 KB)
hello1.wp76xx_swi-wp76_6.0.0.update (7.8 KB)

I believe you. Sorry this is alot for me to ask but i want to mirror your dev environment. Would you mind listing your dev environment setup steps. As ive followed the ones provided by sierra but they obviously differ from yours.

this is the tool i have installed