No traffic on eth0

I have a custom board with WP7608 connected directly to LAN7850 using HSIC lines. eth0 is working fine with R16.0.1 and R16.3, but not R17. No packet can be sent or received on eth0. If you have the similar issue, please provide some hints. Thanks.

You can see here

Currently i do not have cable connecting to USB connector (connected to USB lines and USB_ID). does it make WP7608 not a host? Sorry for my lack of understanding on this topic.

Didn’t you say old firmware has no problem?
So i believe it is not hardware issue

Correct. it is working fine with R16.0.1 and R16.3. I applied the patch in the thread you mentioned, but ping to eth0 still does not work.

Then this is not hardware issue if it works in old firmware

Have you tried the usb otg with thumb drive first?

All i see is the message:
[ 1904.010758] usb usb2: runtime PM trying to activate child device usb2 but parent (msm_hsusb_host) is not active
I may not have a correct OTG adapter for microUSB.

But i have question, my Ethernet controller is connected directly to HSIC pins, not the USB pins. The OTG is connected to the USB pins. How does this test related to my current problem?

then i think it is not related as the patch is for enabling USB OTG functionality in FW R17.

If you suspect the HSIC has problem, you can test in mangoh green and mangoh red board.
The USB port is connected to HSIC pins.

i do not have any mangoh board at this time. is there a way to confirm that the HSIC is fine in the filesystem? any logs should i need to know to confirm if it is ok?
dmesg-r17.log (72.7 KB)

then is it ok to connect the HSIC to USB thumb drive?

i do not think so. the HSIC is connected directly to LAN7850 and then to the Ethernet connector

then i have no idea if you don’t want to do hardware debugging
good luck!

Thanks. i will try to get a MangoH board and try