Mqtt broker and client?

Hi all!
I’m new on this mangOH system and I have to create a MQTT communication.
I want to use as broker MOSQUITTO MQTT and as client I know that there are many options:

1. Paho library
  2. MQTT client folder that is included in mangOH github project:

I installed Mosquitto on my ubuntu VM. Can anyone explain to me how to enstabilish a connection between mosquitto mqtt and the client? Which is simpliest to use, paho or mqttClient?

Another question: I activated my device on AirVantage: can AirVantage be used as broker?

Is there any tutorial?

here says local broker is OK:

I compiled and updated on the board the .update of your mangOH2-7-19 going into apps/MqttClient.
I see that the app is running. How can I do to know if all work fine? Are there examples that I can implement with my mangOH green?

I see this log:

I don’t see any mqttClientService related log…

I did the logread whith app start mqttClient…

maybe it is waiting for the mqttClientService

After some minutes…

I think you need to debug by yourself…
You can write some debug message on the component_init() and see what happens

1 Like

Cannot tell you the exact cause of such a problem, but you might research a guide on how to establish an MQTT client and broker connection works.

Cannot tell you the exact cause of such a problem, but you might research a guide on how to establish an MQTT client and broker connection works. They have this information on the Cedalo website and forum.
To begin with, you can read this beginner’s guide on mqtt client and broker connection. It’s written in simple words, explains how the protocol works, and contains a step-by-step guide on establishing a stable and protected connection.
You can browse their other docs and resources to find more suitable info, especially their forum that mainly deals with MQTT questions. Good luck, man!