MCP2515 CAN Data loss

I am checking with FAE and see if he can reproduce the issue.
One quick check with you, have you changed
oscillator_frequency and see if there is improvement?

@jyijyi ,
The default value is 16 MHz in can_iot.c

=>
static struct mcp251x_platform_data mcp2515_pdata = {
.oscillator_frequency = 16 * 1000 *1000,
};

My question is that have you changed this value to a higher or lower value and see if there is improvement?

Hi @jyijyi ,
I have changed it to higher and lower values but unfortunately that effects the performance and i wont be able to receive any CAN data at all .

Please contact local FAE for further debugging

Hello,

I have the same issue as you when using the CAN IoT on the WP7702. Either Mangoh Red or FX30S.
It works well with the WP8548, less than 3% loss, but with WP7702 I get around 20% loss.

I spent over a month trying to debug this, but just couldn’t find any explanation. I really thought it could be something related to the hardware, since they have different ARM processors.

Thank you,
Caio Porto

Below is the link for the limitation for MCP2515:

Depending on the CAN frame size it may be required to calculate the frames /sec to see what is possible.

@akshaysk,

What is your frame size?

Thanks

@psant,

Let me explain you my scenario. For the 100% bus load at 250kbps, Theoretically 2000 CAN frames can be transmitted on the bus per second. I am transferring 10 CAN frames at 10ms in burst.mode. There is still the data loss on the same? In my opinion CAN frame size will be fixed at 16 bytes.

Let me know if you have any clarification.

Thanks

• AK

@psant @akshaysk @jyijyi
Any Updates on this issue ?

Hi Legato team ,

I was trying to test the Talon CAN iOT card with a similar device mentioned above and I am experiencing the data loss . Has anyone found a solution to this problem ?
Module used : MangoH Red with wp76xx

Hey @akshaysk , @caio-porto ,
I agree with above explanation, were you able to resolve this issue by any chance.???

Hi @Swapy ,
No we are unable to resolve the issue awaiting inputs from the team .

Hey, just to add ourselves to the list, using the Talon IoT CAN exp board on a FX30S and I see there are an huge number of error messages logged for this interface, which is quite unusual for this type of protocol which is very robust.
Have been asking for a possible solution and nobody is able to provide it.