Legato crashes / Unmounted and No legato commands available after adding 10 applications

Hi There ,
I was trying to add around 10 applications (GPS,GSM,CAN,WIFi,tracker etc ) to my legato framework using default.sdef file . But unfortunately when i flash the compiled image the legato crashes and i wont be able to pass any legato commands . On the other end if i randomly mute any one of the application and flash the compiled image the legato framework as well as the applications run seamlessly . So can anyone let me know if there is any limit to the number of apps that can be added in sdef file or the issue is related to the memory/CPU usage of applications . Any pointers are appreciated .

Legato framework version used : 18.06.3
Module used : WP7608

Also attaching the logs from console legato_crashed.txt (20.5 KB) this could help in analyzing the issue .

More importantly below lines from the logs could help in analyzing the issue .

S02mount_early: Executing mount_early_legato_start **
sh: 200: unknown operand
mount Legato from partition lefwkro
S02mount_early: Non-secure.
[ 6.833567] ubi2 error: ubi_wl_init: no enough physical eraseblocks (0, need 1)
[ 6.840190] ubi2 error: ubi_attach_mtd_dev: failed to attach mtd14, error -28
ubiattach: error!: cannot attach mtd14
** error 28 (No space left on device)

S02mount_early: Unable to attach mtd partition lefwkro to UBI logical device 2
It is not dual system logic
S02mount_early: Unable to find a way to mount lefwkro to /mnt/legato
S02mount_early: Executing mount_early_userrw_start
S02mount_early: Mounting swirw file system as UBIFS

On the other end when i add less than 9 apps and both legato + application run seamlessly i have the below logs .

**S02mount_early: Executing mount_early_legato_start **
sh: 200: unknown operand
mount Legato from partition lefwkro
S02mount_early: Non-secure.
UBI device number 2, total 35 LEBs (8888320 bytes, 8.5 MiB), available 0 LEBs (0 bytes), LEB size 253952 bytes (248.0 KiB)
S02mount_early: SQUASHFS successfully mounted on /mnt/legato
S02mount_early: Executing mount_early_userrw_start
S02mount_early: Mounting swirw file system as UBIFS

In the above logs we have available LEB’s =0 . As i am new to this part can some one let me know that i am running out of free space / this is a different kind of issue ?

Thanks & Regards

• Akshay

@akshaysk,

Have you tried to add each app separately? maybe one of apps cause problem

Hi @mehdiALL1,
If i try adding each applications separately it works flawlessly and
an update on the issue is that i stopped / muted air-vantage service from default.sdef which freed more than 1MB of space and i was able to add & run all of my 10 applications my concern is stopping air-vantage service should not crash any of the other services . Can you please let me know on this ?

@akshaysk, so, you have a problem of size.
Yes, If you don’t need the air-vantage service, you can skip it.

BR