le_avdata_PushRecord Handler Failure

What would cause le_avdata_PushRecord to return LE_OK but then the push handler to report LE_AVDATA_PUSH_FAILEDLE_AVDATA_PUSH_FAILED . The network is connected and an AirVantage session is open. There doesn’t seem to be any other clues in the log.

Thoughts,

When the le_avdata_PushRecord() fails I occasionally see these lines in the log

Jun 24 17:08:11 swi-mdm9x15 user.info Legato: INFO | avcDaemon[17552] | Jun 24 17:08:11 WARN session id mismatch Jun 24 17:08:11 swi-mdm9x15 user.info Legato: INFO | avcDaemon[17552] | Jun 24 17:08:11 WARN error in check_server_hello err: -612 Jun 24 17:08:11 swi-mdm9x15 user.info Legato: INFO | avcDaemon[17552] | Jun 24 17:08:11 WARN error while handling handshake packet

Hello Darren,

Please tell which Sierra Wireless product is being used on your side, and also which Legato framework version.

There is a known issue, fixed (in Legato releases 18.08 or 18.09) by these tinyDTLS and lwm2mCore changes:

• Initiate a full DTLS handshake when server rejects the current session.
  • During DTLS handshake (full or resume), if a message is not received from server, re-transmit the last message flight.

KR,
flu.

@flu

I’m using Legato 18.09.0 on a WP85.

Cheers,
Darren

@flu

I’m still seeing this using 19.02.0 on my WP85 modules on it’s becoming an issue as we have been seeing it on a couple of units now.

How should I handle a le_avdata_PushRecord handler failure?

Thanks

hi @dbeckwith,
the issue has been reproduced, and an internal investigation is on going,
keep you inform on any progress,
BR

@plu

Thank you for the update, I’m glad the issue as able to be tracked down. Do you have any thoughts on how to avoid this issue right now while Sierra works on a fix?

Thanks