Latest version of yocto for wp7607?

Hello everybody. Unfortunately I urgently need the updated and compatible version of the Legate 16. Can anyone tell me how to do it, since the site is down and does not allow me to download? I can’t do this from the git repositories. Is there a guide? It is absurd that the site has been down for months.
Thanks everyone for your attention.

PS. Alternatively, I would also be happy if someone gave me the .cwe already downloaded

what cwe file do you want?
I can download the legato-19.11.2.cwe in here:
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/software/wp76xx/wp76xx-firmware-release-16-components/#sthash.pQwOgtqi.dpbs

This one:

But it says:
Sorry I was confused. It’s the spk one. Do you know if Sierra Wireless will be available it?

that is the source, not .spk file

Okay, sorry, but how can I obtain it(the source)? Install leaf is not the way…

With all due respect, but I believe it is a shameful thing for the manufacturer not to provide suitable tools for those who buy this HW. This is absurd!

i have a backup in my PC, you can use it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BPxUb_dgP1aY2TqQuHBmNGAr_9geeaV1/view?usp=sharing

Thanks @jyijyi. As always, I don’t know how to thank you🙏🏻

Can’t compile yocto folder :dizzy_face:

sudo apt-get remove ccache
sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash
Answer “No” to the question.

Done, but obtain error of unable to start bitbake server:
mangoh@mangoh-dev:~/Downloads/yocto$ make image_bin
Makefile:71: “Legato: build disabled since ‘/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/legato/’ does not exist”
“meta-swi/build.sh” -p poky/ -o meta-openembedded/ -l meta-swi -x “kernel” -j 9 -t 9 -a LK_REPO_DIR=“/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto” -a LK_REPO_NAME=“lk” -a LK_REPO=“file://lk” -m swi-mdm9x28 -P wp -b build_bin -q
Poky dir: /home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/poky
OE meta: /home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/meta-openembedded
SWI meta dir: /home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/meta-swi
Linux repo dir: /home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/kernel
Number of make threads 9
Number of bitbake tasks 9
Extra options added - LK_REPO_DIR=/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto
Extra options added - LK_REPO_NAME=lk
Extra options added - LK_REPO=file://lk
SWI machine: swi-mdm9x28
SWI product: wp
Build dir: /home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/build_bin
Enable Qualcomm Proprietary bin

Shell environment set up for builds.

You can now run ‘bitbake ’

Common targets are:
core-image-minimal
core-image-sato
meta-toolchain
meta-ide-support

You can also run generated qemu images with a command like ‘runqemu qemux86’

• layer: meta-oe
  • layer: meta-networking
  • layer: meta-python
  • layer: meta-gplv2
  • layer: meta-swi/common
  • layer: meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9xxx
  • layer: meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9x28
  • layer: meta-swi-extras/common
  • layer: meta-swi-extras/meta-swi-mdm9x28
  • layer: meta-swi-extras/meta-swi-mdm9xxx-bin
  • layer: meta-swi-extras/meta-swi-mdm9x28-bin
  • layer: meta-swi-extras/meta-swi-mdm9x28-wp-bin
    Yocto machine: swi-mdm9x28-wp
    Updating LEGATO_BUILD to false
    Updating IMA_BUILD to false
    Updating IMA_CONFIG to
    Updating IMA_LOCAL_CA_X509 to
    Updating IMA_PRIV_KEY to
    Updating IMA_PUB_CERT to
    Updating IMA_KERNEL_CMDLINE_OPTIONS to
    Updating ENABLE_IMA to 0
    Updating IMA_PUBLIC_CERT to
    Updating IMA_PRIVATE_KEY to
    Updating IMA_SMACK to
    Updating ENABLE_FX30 to
    Updating ROOTFS_VERSION to
    Updating LK_REPO_DIR to /home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto
    Updating LK_REPO_NAME to lk
    Updating LK_REPO to file://lk
    Updating EXT_SWI_IMG to false
    Updating INITRAMFS_IMAGE_BUNDLE to 1
    Updating INITRAMFS_IMAGE to mdm9x28-image-initramfs
    Updating FIRMWARE_PATH to
    Updating PACKAGECONFIG_remove to gnutls
    Build image of minimal rootfs (for swi-mdm9x28).
    ERROR: Unable to start bitbake server
    ERROR: Server log for this session (/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/build_bin/bitbake-cookerdaemon.log):
    — Starting bitbake server pid 7799 at 2021-05-26 00:53:52.611042 —
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cookerdata.py”, line 290, in parseBaseConfiguration
    bb.event.fire(bb.event.ConfigParsed(), self.data)
    File “/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/event.py”, line 222, in fire
    fire_class_handlers(event, d)
    File “/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/event.py”, line 134, in fire_class_handlers
    execute_handler(name, handler, event, d)
    File “/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/event.py”, line 106, in execute_handler
    ret = handler(event)
    File “/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/poky/meta/classes/base.bbclass”, line 222, in base_eventhandler
    setup_hosttools_dir(d.getVar(‘HOSTTOOLS_DIR’), ‘HOSTTOOLS’, d)
    File “/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/poky/meta/classes/base.bbclass”, line 132, in setup_hosttools_dir
    bb.fatal(“The following required tools (as specified by HOSTTOOLS) appear to be unavailable in PATH, please install them in order to proceed:\n %s” % " ".join(notfound))
    File “/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/init.py”, line 104, in fatal
    raise BBHandledException()
    bb.BBHandledException

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/daemonize.py”, line 77, in createDaemon
function()
File “/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/server/process.py”, line 464, in _startServer
self.cooker = bb.cooker.BBCooker(self.configuration, self.featureset)
File “/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py”, line 210, in init
self.initConfigurationData()
File “/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py”, line 375, in initConfigurationData
self.databuilder.parseBaseConfiguration()
File “/home/mangoh/Downloads/yocto/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cookerdata.py”, line 317, in parseBaseConfiguration
raise bb.BBHandledException
bb.BBHandledException
WARNING: Layer swi-wp-bin should set LAYERSERIES_COMPAT_swi-wp-bin in its conf/layer.conf file to list the core layer names it is compatible with.
ERROR: The following required tools (as specified by HOSTTOOLS) appear to be unavailable in PATH, please install them in order to proceed:
chrpath gawk makeinfo

Makefile:300: recipe for target ‘image_bin’ failed
make: *** [image_bin] Error 1

How about just type make

I see the same error…

So your machine can compile r13 yocto?

Seems same issue as this one:

I installed another VM and I’m trying to compile yocto because I want to do a porting of my project on the last version. I compiled yocto in february on FW 13 and I saved only the final .cwe file

you can try R13 yocto build first as you said it is working before

Yes but it doesn’t match with Legato 16, if I do this my mangOH goes in an infinite reboot. For this reason I need a .cwe coherent with Legato 16
Unfortunately an important part of my project is based on wifi, which on Legato 16 is very user-friendly to program, while on the FW13 version it is much more expensive. So I want to do a complete porting on Legato 16 and Yocto compatible

building with FW R13 yocto is just to make sure your PC is working fine with the build enviroment.
(as you said it was working fine before)

I had almost solved it by running the following libraries install command:
$ sudo apt-get install gawk wget git-core diffstat unzip texinfo gcc-multilib *
** build-essential chrpath socat cpio python python3 python3-pip python3-pexpect *

** xz-utils debianutils iputils-ping python3-git python3-jinja2 libegl1-mesa libsdl1.2-dev **
** xterm**
After two hours it was the make had reached 50%, but there was still a problem that I can not solve:

EDIT: Solved, Java installation is required. As soon as I finish the installation I make a last post with all the problems that arose in the installation of yocto and the solutions, so that they can be useful to someone else, being a very delicate operation.

Okay, I completed successfully. Once again, I can only thank you @jyijyi !
As I said, I try to summarize all the problems I encountered in installing and modifying yocto, so that this can be useful to other people.

• As first thing, you don’t need anything other than the folder Legato-Dist-Source-mdm9x28-SWI9X07Y_02.37.07.00.tar.bz2 that now you can download from Sierra Wireless Website ( Just today they reactivated the download :grin:). You don’t need in this step to download the toolchain, legato etc: you will install these stuff in a second moment, when you will configure the development environment (I use visual studio code and I install all with it), I assure you that on my VM, at this moment, there is still nothing but the yocto folder!

• You have to extract and make in cd yocto. During the make you will encounter two errors:

As @jyijyi said, you resolve it doing
sudo apt-get remove ccache
sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash
Answer “No” to the question.

you have to install the following libraries:
$ sudo apt-get install gawk wget git-core diffstat unzip texinfo gcc-multilib
build-essential chrpath socat cpio python python3 python3-pip python3-pexpect
xz-utils debianutils iputils-ping python3-git python3-jinja2 libegl1-mesa libsdl1.2-dev
xterm

1. Function filed: do add bash

You have to install Java on your VM:
    sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk

You have another last error when do you open menuconfig linux kernel. You can resolve all troubles with this command:
sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev
At this point all is done! You can modify kernel files and flash the .cwe on your device.

I hope this information is useful to you. Greetings to all