How to update application or firmware by Airvantage WITHOUT connect directly to my device?

Hi all,

Currently, I want to update my app which i released to Airvantage by zip file, but I don’t know how to do it? If you have any document related or experience to it , please support to me !!

Hi @comcom,
To update application via Airvantage first you need to register your device in Airvantage, Please fallow the steps in Section 7 in the below document to register and connect your device to Airvantage.

After registering and connecting your device to Airvantage, Please fallow the steps in Section 9.1 in the attached documentAirPrime - WP Series - AirVantage Software Over-The-Air Guidelines - 2174152 - Rev1.0.pdf (1017.6 KB)
to install the application which you have already released.

Regards,
Muralidhara N.

Regards,
Muralidhara N.

Hi @muralinagraj ,

Thank you for your support, so how to you know that your device was installed success ?

Hi @comcom,
You meant that how to know that application was installed successfully on the device? You can check that on your device using “app status” command or from the Airvantage checking the status of “install application”.

Regards,
Muralidhara N.

Hi @muralinagraj,

I followed document and i stucked at step 4 of 9.1 Overlay Legato Apps section (SOTA). My app like below (check picture out). It’s in “in progress” and nothing. What should i do now ? I checked connection between device and Airvantage by AT commad line" AT+WDSS=1,1" and it return "OK, +WDSI: 4, +WDSI: 6, WDSI: 23, 1"

l1

Hi @comcom,
Your AT command results says your device is able to connect to Airvantage successfully.

Now, Can you please cancel those instances of “Install application - In Progress”, Then fallow the below steps and check if you are able to install application.

1.Install the application with settings as shown in attached screen shot

1. Then try to connect to Airvantage using the AT command(AT+WDSS=1,1).

Regards,
Muralidhara N.