How to make WP8548 enter Airplane mode?

How does a legato application put the WP8548 in airplane mode (turn off the radios)? I’m using Legato 16.10.x because it’s the latest supported with the FX30.

I see the WP8548 supports “Airplane: USB-SS” mode according to figure 3.3 on page 40 of the “AirPrime_WP75XX-WP8548_Product_Technical_Specification_Rev_14.pdf” document available here:
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/hardware_specs_user_guides/airprime_wp75xx_wp8548_product_technical_specification/

I figured out from this post that the WP8548 goes into USB-SS mode automatically as long as nothing is keeping it awake:

I still haven’t found anything in the spec docs, forums, or legato power API documentation that tells me how to put the WP8548 into (and out of) airplane mode from a legato application. Anyone know how to do this?

Hiya,

Turning the radio on and off (Cellular ‘airplane’ mode) is actually a lot easier than dealing with the power management stuff.

From the command line: simply use cm radio off to turn the cellular radio off, and cm radio on to turn it back on again.

From Legato, look at the Modem Radio Control API.

Notes:

1. this only shuts down the MODEM core, not the legato application core.
  2. this does not apply to the WiFi/BT module that’s on the mangOH Red board. I haven’t had to play with that yet.
  3. You might also want to look at the GNSS API for notes on shutting down the GNSS engine as well.

Hope this helps.

ciao, Dave

1 Like

Exactly what i was looking for, thank you.