How to delete the password for root@192.168.2.2

Hi forum,

When I updated my legato version to ‘16.10.1_a6a25fbda05738774857dccb9fd76a99_modified’ , and reboot, and opened the SSH terminal, it will ask me to Create my passwords, and I picked the 2 point and created my passwords.

But now I want to delete the passwords. How can I do? thanks.

Hi @lumao

If you’re annoyed by entering the password each time you connect, you should consider setting up SSH keys. This will keep your device secured without breaking your development workflow.
If you really want to delete root password, you need to log in, open a terminal, and use the passwd -d root command.

But please keep in mind security settings the day you’ll start shipping hardware on the field: root account without password just allows anyone with a physical access to your device to do anything with it.

hi daav,
understood!
if I del

If I deleted the passwords, is there a way to re_create a new one?

thanks.

Sure, you can still use the passwd command for that in a terminal, or use the security section in the Details view of DS to define a new one.

Understood!
Thank you.

I have a similar problem: when I connecting to the magoh red via USB and open the com port the devic ask me for a login an password:

at
Password:
Login incorrect

swi-mdm9x28-wp login: root
Password:
Login incorrect

swi-mdm9x28-wp login:
Login timed out after 60 seconrun_getty.sh: ttyHSL1 reserved for CONSOLE

Poky (Yocto Project Reference Distro) 2.5.3 swi-mdm9x28-wp /dev/ttyHSL1

swi-mdm9x28-wp login:

root does not accepted, so how can I reset this kind?
btw I am not able to get a connection via SSH via putty osr something.
I
thanks in advance
Claus

I tried also the recovery tool but I got a FW Error by doing the procedure

If you are using wp76, you need to downgrade to r12 and use swiflash to reset the module

no I am using the wp77.
And I used the command swiflash but it occurs an error.
could you please post the real command for swiflash?
what do you mean with R12?
regards

For WP77, you need to first downgrade to R11 ( Fw release 11) and use swifalsh to reset the module.

You can see here: