How to Build python apps

Hi Team,

I have a code for polling the data from ModusRTU but that will works only on Python3. I’m having a gateway with 7608 and it has only python2.7 so I would like to know how to develop the application in step by step method.

In addition I’m facing issues while trying to setup application frame work on Ubuntu 20.04. Repo error. If you have an step by step video or documentation to install and build the application it would be grateful

Regards
George Thomas

For using python3, you can see here:
https://forum.mangoh.io/t/building-custom-yocto-image-for-mangoh-red-wp76/5374/31

What kind of repo error?
Some user uses ubuntu18 and it is working fine for them:

Hi @jyijyi

I’m facing issues to install and setup the leaf and toolchain, always its throws an error repo is unavailable What I have to do. :frowning: if you could share a video or a proper documentation step by step would be grateful

did you try with ubuntu 18?

Does this help?

Hi @jyijyi

i got a reference , there it says that I need to extract the cross compiler to /opt and set env as “source /opt/SWI9X07Y_02.37.07.00/environment-setup-armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi”

then $CC source-filename -o executable-name.

but the result I’m getting is

$CC helloWorld.c -o Helloworldd
bash: arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc: command not found

Please note I have installed gcc-arm*

Can you help me to identify the problem, as per your suggestion I’m using ubuntu 18.04 now leafe installed with error still mkspp or mksys commands are not found

you should use something like this:

/opt/SWI9X07Y_02.37.07.00/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc helloWorld.c -o Helloworldd