ERROR, systocwe

I am building a legato framework, using the developer studio

when building building ends with this error:

systocwe wp76xx mangOH.wp76xx.update cwe
***ERROR: Bad system file mangOH.wp76xx.update
Makefile:40: recipe for target ‘systocwe’ failed
Try ‘systocwe --help’ for usage instructions.

please advice

What’s your legato package version?
Can you try systocwe or systoimg manually in command line?

Hi,

I don’t see problem to build the legato framework on Ubuntu 14 using terminal command line.
Please follow the steps below:

1. install the developer studio 5.3.1.
  2. install the package “Legato for WP76 R8” in package manager
  3. cd /home/owner/legato/packages/legato.sdk.18.1.0.wp76xx-native-i686-201803051402/resources/framework/legato
  4. . bin/configlegatoenv
  5. make wp76xx

Please have a try on your side.

building from developer studio for “create legato system” and build pass OK:

systocwe wp76xx wp76xx.wp76xx.update cwe
Removing old content of cwe/_staging_wp76xx.wp76xx.update
Unpacking wp76xx.wp76xx.update …
Preparing staging directory cwe/_staging_wp76xx.wp76xx.update
Creating images from directory cwe/_staging_wp76xx.wp76xx.update
Using fakeroot /usr/bin/fakeroot …
-t wp76xx -d cwe/_staging_wp76xx.wp76xx.update -o cwe
Target: wp76xx
Input: /home/ilan/mangOH/devstudio-5.3.1-linux64/workspace/wp76xx/Target_Legato_Debug/cwe/_staging_wp76xx.wp76xx.update
Output: /home/ilan/mangOH/devstudio-5.3.1-linux64/workspace/wp76xx/Target_Legato_Debug/cwe
Version: 18.01.0 ilan-HP-EliteBook-840-G3 2018/04/12 06:41:59
wp76xx: Generating the framework image (squashfs.4k.ubi)
wp76xx: Generating the framework image (squashfs)
dlsym(acl_get_fd): /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfakeroot/libfakeroot-sysv.so: undefined symbol: acl_get_fd
dlsym(acl_get_file): /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfakeroot/libfakeroot-sysv.so: undefined symbol: acl_get_file
dlsym(acl_set_fd): /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfakeroot/libfakeroot-sysv.so: undefined symbol: acl_set_fd
dlsym(acl_set_file): /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfakeroot/libfakeroot-sysv.so: undefined symbol: acl_set_file
dlsym(acl_get_fd): /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfakeroot/libfakeroot-sysv.so: undefined symbol: acl_get_fd
dlsym(acl_get_file): /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfakeroot/libfakeroot-sysv.so: undefined symbol: acl_get_file
dlsym(acl_set_fd): /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfakeroot/libfakeroot-sysv.so: undefined symbol: acl_set_fd
dlsym(acl_set_file): /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfakeroot/libfakeroot-sysv.so: undefined symbol: acl_set_file
wp76xx: Generating the framework cwe (squashfs.4k.ubi)
wp76xx: Generating the framework image (squashfs.2k.ubi)
wp76xx: Generating the framework image (squashfs)
wp76xx: Generating the framework cwe (squashfs.2k.ubi)
make: Leaving directory ‘/home/ilan/mangOH/devstudio-5.3.1-linux64/workspace/wp76xx/Target_Legato_Debug’

06:42:01 Build Finished (took 12s.985ms)

however, building from developer studio for “create mangoH system” and build failes:

[48/49] Packaging app
[49/49] Packaging system
systocwe wp76xx mangOH.wp76xx.update cwe
***ERROR: Bad system file mangOH.wp76xx.update
Try ‘systocwe --help’ for usage instructions.
Makefile:40: recipe for target ‘systocwe’ failed
make: Leaving directory ‘/home/ilan/mangOH/devstudio-5.3.1-linux64/workspace/git/mangOH/Target_Legato_Debug’
make: *** [systocwe] Error 1

06:44:49 Build Finished (took 9s.848ms)

please advice

maybe you can have a try by using terminal command. You can follow here:

Seems systocwe cannot find the mangOH.wp76xx.update file as it’s not locating in Target_legato_debug folder, you can manually run systocwe wp76xx $MANGOH_ROOT/build/update_files/red/mangOH.wp76xx.update cwe command in terminal.

e.g.
#1: setup the environment: ~/legato/packages/legato.framework.18.1.0.wp76xx-201803051228/resources/legato$ source bin/configlegatoenv
#2: Go back to ~/devstudio-5.3.1/workspace/git/mangOH folder
#3: Run ~/devstudio-5.3.1/workspace/git/mangOH$ systocwe wp76xx $MANGOH_ROOT/build/update_files/red/mangOH.wp76xx.update cwe

Then you will get:
~/devstudio-5.3.1/workspace/git/mangOH/cwe$ ls
legato.cwe legatoimg legato.squashfs.2k.ubi legato.squashfs.4k.ubi _staging_mangOH.wp76xx.update
legato.default legato.squashfs legato-squashfs.2k.ubi.cwe legato-squashfs.4k.ubi.cwe

I do not have this file :

~/mangOH/build(master)$ ls
green_wp76xx

~/mangOH/build/green_wp76xx(master)$ find . -name “*.update”
./app/wifiWebAp/wifiWebAp.wp76xx.update
./app/wifiService/wifiService.wp76xx.update
./app/powerMgr/powerMgr.wp76xx.update
./app/wifi/wifi.wp76xx.update
./app/cellNetService/cellNetService.wp76xx.update
./app/tools/tools.wp76xx.update
./app/wifiApTest/wifiApTest.wp76xx.update
./app/secStore/secStore.wp76xx.update
./app/wifiClientTest/wifiClientTest.wp76xx.update
./app/fwupdateService/fwupdateService.wp76xx.update
./app/smsInboxService/smsInboxService.wp76xx.update
./app/avcService/avcService.wp76xx.update
./app/spiService/spiService.wp76xx.update
./app/audioService/audioService.wp76xx.update
./app/voiceCallService/voiceCallService.wp76xx.update
./app/dataConnectionService/dataConnectionService.wp76xx.update
./app/modemService/modemService.wp76xx.update
./app/atService/atService.wp76xx.update
./app/gpioService/gpioService.wp76xx.update
./app/positioningService/positioningService.wp76xx.update
./app/devMode/devMode.wp76xx.update
./app/portService/portService.wp76xx.update

Hi @deadpoolcode,
I haven’t tried with the developer studio, But i had tried with command line using the below steps, I was able to build the mangoH for both the Red and green for WP76xx

1. Download and install the latest WP76xx toolchain from (http://downloads.sierrawireless.com/AirPrime/WP76xx/Release8/poky-swi-ext-glibc-x86_64-meta-toolchain-swi-ext-armv7a-neon-toolchain-swi-ext-2.2.2.sh)

2. Enable the toolchain to build kernel modules by running these commands:
    a. export PATH=$PATH:/opt/swi/y22-ext/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi
    b. cd /opt/swi/y22-ext/sysroots/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/src/kernel/
    c. sudo chown -R $USER .
    d. ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi- make scripts
    e. sudo chown -R root .

3. Get the Legato source code, Myself used legati-18.01.0 which is the latest comes with Release 8( https://downloads.sierrawireless.com/legato/1801/legato-18.01.0.tar.bz2)

4. cd to the legato folder and run make wp76xx

5. Run source bin/configlegatoenv to setup the environment variables

6. cd to the home directory and clone the mangOH source code by running git clone --recursive git://github.com/mangOH/mangOH

7. cd into the mangOH folder and run make red_wp76xx or make green_wp76xx depending on which board is being targeted.

Regards,
Muralidhara N.

it fails on:

mangOH/apps/GpioExpander/gpioExpanderService/gpioExpanderCommon/gpioExpander.c:25:32: fatal error: linux/i2c-dev-user.h: No such file or directory
#include <linux/i2c-dev-user.h>
^
compilation terminated.
[801/1066] Generating IPC interface code
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Makefile:68: recipe for target ‘green_wp76xx’ failed
make: *** [green_wp76xx] Error 1

Can you please share the steps that you are using to build.

Hello,
Will this works with WP76xx Firmware Release 10.1.1 ?

I’m trying to fix this issue :

Hello @deadpoolcode, Do you still have this issue?