Custom legato application doesnt start from boot

Hi There ,
I am trying to add a custom legato application whose binary file is called in the adef file and both the binary and .adef file are copied in legato-18.09.0/apps/platformServices in order to add the application to my custom system/framework I have added following line in default.sdef file
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/APP_NAME
But with the above additions i just have the application copied into the framework but the application doesn’t start from boot even though i have mentioned start:auto in the .adef file . {with manual input “app start APP_NAME” the application works well}
Can someone help me in overcoming this issue ??
Legato version used : 18.09.0

@akshaysk,

• What does your custom app? maybe because it depends for another service.
  • Why you didn’t add you custom app under $LEGATO_ROOT/apps/sample?
  • Are you tried to add you app separately? what happens if you do that?

Regards

Hi @mehdiALL1,
Thanks for responding to my query . below are my answers for the question you asked
What does your custom app? maybe because it depends for another service.
→ My custom application just gets data from UART

Why you didn’t add you custom app under $LEGATO_ROOT/apps/sample ?
→ I was pretty new to legato framework so i just followed the default.sdef so that is the reason why i have my app in $LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/APP_NAME , Hope there is nothing wrong in it

Are you tried to add you app separately? what happens if you do that?
→ If i add the application manually the auto:start option works perfectly . Issue arises when i try the sdef method .

Thanks & Regards

• Akshay

@akshaysk,

How you build the Legato system (command)? and you flash your target with which legato image?

@mehdiALL1
I have an update the issue got resolved the application had a bug due to which it was getting stopped and now the things are fine .
below are the answers for your previous questions .
I am using make wp76xx { As i am using wp7608 module } and i flash the cwe file using swiflash tool
say for example => swiflash -m wp76xx -i legato.cwe
Thanks for responding to my queries

Regards

• Akshay