Can't UPDATE application by SOTA, Please help me

Hi all,

I’m working with FX30 Gateway , I released ZIP file (include manifest.app and LOCATION_TEST.wp750x.update) to Airvantage, then I follow with AirPrime - WP Series - AirVantage Software Over-The-Air Guidelines - 2174152 - Rev1.0.pdf (1017.6 KB)
in section 9.1 , so i got l1

I checked AVMS with command line “AT+WDSS=1,1” and it return “OK, +WDSI: 4, +WDSI: 6, WDSI: 23, 1”, .I know that FX30 successfully connected with AVMS , so Why dont my application display on widget and updated? Please heip me !!! I stuck with it a long time :((

Hi,
when you connect your device to the AirVantage server after creating your SOTA job, what is the color of the job bar ?
Does it remain in grey ?
If it remains in grey, please check if the SOTA job was created for the device that you connect to the server.
It it becomes blue, it means that data on SOTA were send to the device.
Can you indicate the result of the following commands on your device ?
AT+WDSC?
AT+WDSI?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @fdu,

It becomes blue color, but It have stucked for 20 minutes.How long do it normal install completely? Do you think that my issue from definable XML file ?

Please indicate what are the responses to AT+WDSI? and AT+WDSC? command.
I think that user agreement are activated, but you need to activate the +WDSI notifications.
Example: AT+WDSI=4479
Then if you didn’t canceled your job on server side, if you send this command and reboot your device, you should have a +WDSI: 2 notification meaning that a package download is pending. You need to accept it by sending AT+WDSR=3 command.
The user agreement is activated by default.
You can check it by sending AT+WDSC? command.
If you have +WDSC: 1,1 response in this command response, this is the configuration “issue”.
To deactivate it and automatically download the package, send AT+WDSC=1,0
You also have a user agreement configuration for package install (+WDSC: 2,x (x=0 deactivated, x=1 activated)
I think that your user agreement is activated but you didn’t activate +WDSI notification so you are not aware that you need to accept the package download.

Hi @fdu
Thanks you for your support, What should I do now?

AT+WDSC?
+WDSC: 0,0
+WDSC: 1,1
+WDSC: 2,1
+WDSC: 3,0
+WDSC: 4,0

AT+WDSI?

+WDSI: 8191

Good.
Now if you reboot your device, you should have some notification at startup:

+WDSI:  9,<size>
+WDSI: 2

<size>is the package size that the device can download for the SOTA job

If you don’t have such notifications, there is an issue in Legato.
If you have these notifications, you should accept the download by sending AT+WDSR=3 command.

If you don’t want to send such commands and make the download/install automatic, you need to send

AT+WDSC=1,0
AT+WDSC=2,0

Note that the configuration which is sets by +WDSC command is persistent to reset.

If you still have issue, I suggest you to abort your SOTA job on server side and create a new one.
Before connection, sets the download/install configuration as you required and connect the device.

Sum-up for SOTA job treatment

1. Suggest to activate +WDSInotifications (AT+WDSI=8191)

2. To configure an automatic package download: AT+WDSC=1,0
    When the device connects to the server and when server sends information about SOTA to the device, the automatically download is launched by the device

3. To configure an manual package download: AT+WDSC=1,1
    When the device connects to the server and when server sends information about SOTA to the device, the download is not automatically launched by the device and +WDSI: 2notification is returned by the device. The user needs to accept it by sending AT+WDSR=3.

4. To configure an automatic package install at the end of package download: AT+WDSC=2,0
    When the package is fully downloaded, the server sends the install request to the device, then the package is automatically installed by the device

5. To configure a manual package install at the end of package download: AT+WDSC=2,1
    When the package is fully downloaded, the server sends the install request to the device, then the package is not automatically installed by the device and the +WDSI: 3 notification is returned by the device. The user needs to accept it by sending AT+WDSR=4.