Rebuilding patched kernel

Ive gotten the Legato-Dist-Source-mdm9x15-SWI9X15Y_07.12.09.00.tar.bz2 and extracted it…

trying to remember this properly, I need to patch the kernel and run make menuconfig

so i would patch the sources in yocto/kernel

and run
cd …/build_bin/
bitbake linux-yocto -c kernel_configme -f

bitbake linux-yocto -c menuconfig

which brings up the terminal with the ncurses menuconfig

however i dont see the options added from the patched kernel that i need…

refresh my memory… what did i miss?

Can you be more specific about what you have done on kernel source code?
Did you add any bbappend file?
You may refer to http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.7.2/kernel-dev/kernel-dev.html website for how to add patches.

right, just applying two patches and updating the kernel config variables and recompile. Yupp the doc will help refresh my memory on custom kernel patches, i think the mistake was applying the patches in yocto/kernel and not in the proper location of the build tree. ill work to bitbake config the patches to be added

more specifically… right now the mangOH_green is running

Linux swi-mdm9x15 3.14.29ltsi-961ca71325_ab5094eade #2 PREEMPT Thu Apr 27 02:17:10 PDT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

so im simply trying to locate the sources, add 2 patches and some configuration variables to the kernel .config and rebuild the flashable image… basically duplicating the sierra image for a green_wp85
with my patches applied. so maybe i should be asking how to do this, and get the proper input.

Ive worked with yocto before and know it well…