MQTT with Legato 16.10.1 SW FX30S

Hi,

I am trying to do a Legato app that permit the connection of a SierraWireless FX30S to a cloud that uses MQTT. I found some examples but I cant build any of them, neither from Developer Studio nor manually in the FX30S. It exists an example of MQTTClient for the FX30S (with legato 16.10.1) that is functional?

Regards,

Pablo

1 Like

Which source code are you referring to?

I download the mango source here:
https://github.com/mangOH/mangOH/tree/for_legato_16.10

I can compile it by the following:
cd /home/owner/legato/packages/legato.framework.16.10.4.wp85-wp750x-201712131342/resources/legato/
. bin/configlegatoenv
cd /home/owner/Downloads/mangOH-for_legato_16.10/mangOH/
make --include-dir=$LEGATO_ROOT wp85

In the manOG_Green.sdef, mqttclient is included.
That means we can compile the mqttclient.wp85.update binary.

I was trying to use that code GitHub - startwithsierra/utils-legato-mqtt: Legato MQTT client, but i cant use it from Developer Studio because some libraries cant be linked. The error is:
“C:\Legato\workspace\pruebaLegatoMqtt/pruebaLegatoMqttComponent/src/json/swir_json.c:17:32: fatal error: src/json/swir_json.h: No such file or directory”

The code that you send is like compile a full firmware an install it on the equipment, is that right?

I can find the required header file here:

did you include the correct path when doing complication?

I think that the problem is that I forget to add the folder that contains the .h files on properties->Legato Application->Add Workspace path. Now i added and it seems that everything compiles, but I have another error:
/tmp/build/mqttService/Target_Legato_Debug/staging/read-only/lib/libComponent_mqttComponent.so: undefined reference to `mqttMain_getClient’

maybe you can go to mqtt_service.c and change all the mqttService_getClient to mqttMain_getClient

1 Like

That was the problem! Thanks a lot, it seems to be working

This should have been marked as the solution.