Legato serial Communication FX30S

Hello!

Is it any chance of create a legato app that permits serial communication? We have already created a program with le_tty functions (le_tty_open, le_tty_close,…) but we cannot use the ports ttyHS0 or ttyHSL1 properly. The app runs and the port seems to be opened correctly, but on a Windows with hyperterminal we are not receiving the message.

Regards,

Pablo

did you set AT!MAPUART correctly?

I think so.
The output of the AT!MAPUART? command is this:
"
AT!MAPUART?
!MAPUART: 17,17
OK
"

As i see in other topics, this is the correct output that permits the use of the ttyHS0 port. Is this correct?

I don’t have FX30S, instead I try attached UART echo application on UART2 on my MangOH green board, it is working fine. Maybe you can have a try.UART_Test1.rar (77.2 KB)

I am using legato 16.10.4.

Thanks a lot! I tried with that application in my FX30S (after migrating to a Legato application), but it doesnt work. It seems like the program read once (but i dont wrote nothing) and then gets freezed waiting for new bytes to read:

May 18 11:51:02 | prueba[1219]/pruebaComponent T=main | pruebaComponent.c _pruebaComponent_COMPONENT_INIT() 118 | UART_TEST
May 18 11:51:02 | prueba[1219]/pruebaComponent T=main | pruebaComponent.c echo_test() 33 | before read()
May 18 11:51:02 | prueba[1219]/pruebaComponent T=main | pruebaComponent.c echo_test() 38 | read 1 bytes ==
May 18 11:51:02 | prueba[1219]/pruebaComponent T=main | pruebaComponent.c echo_test() 33 | before read()

I am also using that version of legato.

Yes, you need to type something on uart2 with buad rate 115200 and see if the application can receive the data.

I am not quite sure if fx30s is using uart1 ot uart2.

Hi again! It seems that the error is solved. Your code is totally correct. The problem was that I updated de FX30S firmware wrong. Now, with the firmware obtained from https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/software_downloads/fx30-firmware/fx30-firmware/, i can see the ttyHSL0 port and then is possible to use it in your program. Now works like a charm. Thanks a lot!