How to fix this warning >> warning: the frame size

CC [M] /home/exars/workspace/legatoAF/legato-19.11.2/drivers/wfx/mbedtls/library/aes.o
/home/exars/workspace/legatoAF/legato-19.11.2/drivers/wfx/mbedtls/library/aes.c: In function ‘aes_gen_tables’:
/home/exars/workspace/legatoAF/legato-19.11.2/drivers/wfx/mbedtls/library/aes.c:482:1: warning: the frame size of 2072 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes [-Wframe-larger-than=]
}

aes.c (72.3 KB)

it is just warning and should not stop the compilation

it has stop by itself.

/home/exars/workspace/legatoAF/legato-19.11.2/drivers/wfx/mbedtls/library/aes.c: In function ‘aes_gen_tables’:
/home/exars/workspace/legatoAF/legato-19.11.2/drivers/wfx/mbedtls/library/aes.c:482:1: warning: the frame size of 2072 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes [-Wframe-larger-than=]
error, forbidden warning: aes.c:482
scripts/Makefile.build:257: recipe for target ‘/home/exars/workspace/legatoAF/legato-19.11.2/drivers/wfx/mbedtls/library/aes.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [/home/exars/workspace/legatoAF/legato-19.11.2/drivers/wfx/mbedtls/library/aes.o] Error 1
Makefile:1413: recipe for target ‘module/home/exars/workspace/legatoAF/legato-19.11.2/drivers/wfx’ failed
make[1]: *** [module/home/exars/workspace/legatoAF/legato-19.11.2/drivers/wfx] Error 2
make[1]: ディレクトリ ‘/opt/swi/SWI9X07Y_02.37.10.00/sysroots/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/src/kernel’ から出ます
Makefile:28: recipe for target ‘modules’ failed
make: *** [modules] Error 2

I don’t see anything in line 482

So, I don’t know that why the make command is stop.

have you ever seen this warning before and how you fix it??

No.
The warning message did not match with the source code, not sure how to fix it.

I have used this command to fix the frame size but I still get the error about the file:

$gcc -std=c99 -O0 -Wframe-larger-than=3072 aes.c
aes.c:29:10: fatal error: mbedtls/config.h: そのようなファイルやディレクトリはありません
#include “mbedtls/config.h”
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

If I comment this line out. it can make but it got alot of warning as below and get same err with “insmod : unknown parameter”

How can I fixed it??
(file link GitHub - SiliconLabs/wfx-linux-driver: Silicon Laboratories WFx Wi-Fi linux driver source code)
Makefile (1.3 KB)

didn’t it is here??

Does It have any way to make the file by don’t care the warning?

It was stopped because for warning, right?

you can try to add “-Wno-error=frame-large-than=” in makefile

Or you need to modify aes.c line 482 to make it not output the warning