Compiling mangoH project

Hello, i used mangoh green and building mangoh project from github.

I add spiService GitHub - mangOH/SpiService: This was an alpha release of the SpiService which was ultimately integrated into the core Legato application framework. Use the version from legato, not this version.

When l build project . the compiler generates an error

[401/1120] Generating IPC interface code
FAILED: ifgen --output-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/ds/workspase/mangOH/build/green_wp85/api/3c3669211b4ad8c16c21c5d35cee83e2/server --gen-server --gen-server-interface --gen-local --name-prefix spi --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/interfaces --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/framework/include --import-dir . --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/interfaces/modemServices --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/interfaces/positioning --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/interfaces/atServices --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/ds/workspase/mangOH/apps/MuxControl --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/ds/workspase/mangOH/apps/DataRouter --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/ds/workspase/mangOH/apps/MqttClient --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/ds/workspase/mangOH/apps/SocialService/interfaces /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/ds/workspase/mangOH/apps/SpiService/spi.api
/home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/ds/workspase/mangOH/apps/SpiService/spi.api:40:4: error: Unknown type u’int’
/home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/ds/workspase/mangOH/apps/SpiService/spi.api:43:4: error: Unknown type u’int’
[401/1120] Compiling C++ source
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Makefile:39: ошибка выполнения рецепта для цели «green_wp85»
make: *** [green_wp85] Ошибка 1

How to remove this error?

I saw the official release for WP85 is R15:
https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/software/wpx5xx/wpx5xx-firmware-release-15/

It is using legato version 16.10.4.
Is that you must use legato 18.04.0?

i used legato-18.04.0.

BTW, where do you download the official WP85 toolchain for legato 18.04.0?

for build and install toolchain , i used file poky-swi-ext-glibc-x86_64-meta-toolchain-swi-ext-armv7a-vfp-neon-toolchain-swi-ext-1.7.3.sh

compiller arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -v
gcc version 4.9.1 (GCC)

I do not remember where this file came from.

on this page there is no download toolchain

Can you compile the legato version 18.04 with your WP85 compiler?
(make wp85)
If yes, probably it already include the SPI application in default.sdef.

$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/spiService

And in the mangOH.sdef, it will include the driver:

$LEGATO_ROOT/drivers/spisvc/spisvc

Is that useful to you?

yes you are absolutely right. Thank you.
but I want to use the component from mangoh.
now I get the following error.

[9/9] Packaging app
make[3]: выход из каталога «/home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0»

Computing MD5 hash for contents of framework bin and lib directories.

md5= ( find /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/build/wp85/framework/bin && \ find /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/build/wp85/framework/bin -type f | xargs cat && \ find /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/build/wp85/framework/bin -type l | xargs -r -n 1 readlink && \ find /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/build/wp85/framework/lib && \ find /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/build/wp85/framework/lib -type f | xargs cat && \ find /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/build/wp85/framework/lib -type l | xargs -r -n 1 readlink \ ) | md5sum &&
md5=${md5%% *} &&
echo “$md5” > /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/build/wp85/framework/md5
make[2]: выход из каталога «/home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0»
make[1]: выход из каталога «/home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0»
TOOLCHAIN_DIR=/opt/swi/y17-ext/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi
TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX=arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-
MANGOH_BOARD=GREEN
mksys -t wp85 --object-dir=build/green_wp85 --output-dir=build/update_files/green mangOH.sdef
** ERROR:
/home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/ds/workspase/mangOH/mangOH.sdef:50:4: error: App ‘spiService’ added to the system more than once.
/home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/default.sdef:31:4: note: Previously added here.
Makefile:39: ошибка выполнения рецепта для цели «green_wp85»
make: *** [green_wp85] Ошибка 1

How can I fix this?
rename. or something else

It is because default.sdef in legato source code already having the application spiService.
Any reason you must add spiService in mango.sdef?

because it is written in clause 3. instruction for mangOH/SpiService.

In mangOH/mangoh.sdef add an app entry for the service: $MANGOH_ROOT/apps/SpiService/spiService.adef

Have you tried comment out the line in default.sdef in legato source and add the line in mango.sdef ?

Another option is you copy this source code to overwrite the one in legato source in case you would like to use this spi source version.

Yes it is

Yes, now I’ll try to do it.

I did the following.
I replaced the file spiService.adef . in legato-18.04.0/apps/platformServices.
it indicates that a component of mangon .

version: 0.1.0
sandboxed: true
start: auto

executables:
{
spiService = (/home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/ds/workspase/mangOH/apps/SpiService/spiServiceComponent)
}

processes:
{
envVars:
{
LE_LOG_LEVEL = DEBUG
}

run:
{
    (spiService)
}

faultAction: restart

}

requires:
{
device:
{
[rw] /dev/sierra_spi /dev/
}
}

extern:
{
spiService.spiServiceComponent.spi
}

I recompile legato-18.04 . make wp85
but I get an error.

/home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/ds/workspase/mangOH/apps/SpiService/spi.api:40:4: error: Unknown type u’int’
/home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/ds/workspase/mangOH/apps/SpiService/spi.api:43:4: error: Unknown type u’int’
[81/796] Generating IPC interface code
Makefile:439: ошибка выполнения рецепта для цели «system_wp85»
make: *** [system_wp85] Ошибка 1

I don’t see compilation problem.
I did the following:

1. git clone --recursive git://github.com/mangOH/SpiService
  2. In legato 18.4.0, default.sdef , change to the following:

apps:
{
// Platform services.
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/audioService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/cellNetService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/dataConnectionService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/fwupdateService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/modemService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/positioningService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/powerMgr
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/secStore
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/smsInboxService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/voiceCallService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/gpioService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/atService
//$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/spiService

/home/owner/Downloads/SpiService/spiService

1. “make wp85” in legato folder

From the mangOH/SpiService Readme.md:

This was an alpha release of the SpiService which was ultimately integrated into the core Legato application framework. Use the version from legato, not this version.

jyijyi, hello.
I did what you wrote above.
and got the same problem.

echo “$md5” > /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/build/wp85/framework/md5
make[1]: выход из каталога «/home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0»
mksys -t wp85 -w build/wp85/system -o build/wp85 /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/modules/WiFi/wifi.sdef
-d build/wp85/debug --cflags=“-O2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer”
[82/796] Generating IPC interface code
FAILED: ifgen --output-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/build/wp85/system/api/3c3669211b4ad8c16c21c5d35cee83e2/server --gen-server --gen-server-interface --gen-local --name-prefix spi --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/interfaces --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/framework/include --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/modules/WiFi --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/interfaces/modemServices --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/interfaces/positioning --import-dir /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/workspase/legato-18.04.0/interfaces/atServices /home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/ds/workspase/mangOH/apps/SpiService/spi.api
[82/796] Generating IPC interface code
Makefile:439: ошибка выполнения рецепта для цели «system_wp85»
make: *** [system_wp85] Ошибка 1

my default.sdef
#include “$LEGATO_ROOT/legatoTargetConfig.sinc”

#include “$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/defaultAirVantage.sinc”
#include “$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/defaultAtCommands.sinc”
#if ${LEGATO_EXTRA_SINC} = “”
#else
#include “$LEGATO_EXTRA_SINC”
#endif

apps:
{
// Platform services.
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/audioService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/cellNetService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/dataConnectionService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/fwupdateService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/modemService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/positioningService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/powerMgr
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/secStore
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/smsInboxService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/voiceCallService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/gpioService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/atService
// $LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/spiService
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/platformServices/portService
/home/stepan/legatoDistSourceToolchain/ds/workspase/mangOH/apps/SpiService/spiService

// Command-line tools.
$LEGATO_ROOT/apps/tools/tools

}

Maybe you should directly use the one in legato source as that one is just alpha release…