Booting yocto-wp85 from uSD

Hello
I am working on a custom yocto image with a nginx server and an influxdb database and django genucorn the image size is 40 MiB which exceeds the size of the memory of WP85 which is 32MiB I am looking for a solution for this problem I was thinking about booting from an SD card is what is possible and how to do it knowing that the format of the images yocto-wp85 is .spk how to flash this format on an SD card

have you tried to modify the partition size of WP85 by AT!APPPARTCHG so that you can flash your image?

I thank you for the response i can’t find that command in the wp85 AT commands guilde and when i try it i get an error

You need to enter AT! entercnd=“A710”
To unlock the module first.

It might be hard to start the whole system from SD as I feel things are a bit hardcoded in the initramfs scripts.
You could try to update the script (cf meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9xxx/recipes-core/initrdsripts/files/init.sh) and you might need to update the cmdline as well (meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9x15/conf/machine/swi-mdm9x15.conf).

In theory though I don’t think there is anything that would prevent you do to this.

Another possibility, a bit less hard to maintain: just ship part of your system on a SD card (all the influxdb, django, etc…) and mount it at some point of the boot sequence, and then init start the apps that you need from there.

Hello
i thank you for your propositions
after doing the described steps up i got a problem with ethernet communication the Leds are off no automatic detection of ethernet on my host computer and when i put /sbin/ifconfig -a i dont find “eth0” in the list

Hi @mrousocomec ,
you should add in startup script some lines:

echo 2 > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio2/direction
echo 1 >/sys/class/gpio/gpio2/value

This should resolve your problem.

Hi @mrousocomec,
did you solve your issue by applying the last proposal?
best regards,