Running MapProfileOnNetworkInterface is faulting

Hi,
I’m receiving an LE_FAULT when I try to use le_mdc_MapProfileOnNetworkInterface with a valide profile and network interface string name (“ecm0”). Can you tell me how this is supposed to be used? The documentation doesn’t really specify.

This is running R7 for a WP7601

Thanks!

This API used to map profile to data session network interface, rmnet type, like the one enabled with “cm data connect”.

@lotam, thanks for replying.

I know, that’s what the docs say… But to me this implies that it is creating a route for whenever that profile is active. However, like I said, I just get a fault returned. I’ve tried a new interface and existing interfaces, and nothing happens. The docs say it basically allows you to create more separate data connections. But if I can’t pick the network I want, then what good is it?

Hello @EvetsMostel, Can you post the logs (with log level DEBUG) in case you are still facing the issue? Have you also tried using this API with the new releases?

Hi @riotc, I’ve worked around it. But the question still remains… What exactly is the effect of using it assuming it is working, and how is it supposed to be used?

Thanks!

Hello @EvetsMostel, The le_mdc_MapProfileOnNetworkInterface API is used to map a specific PDP profile to a specific data session interface. For example, If there are two different applications with PDP contexts with different profiles, say PDP1 and PDP2 can be mapped to the interfaces rmnet_data0 and rmnet_data1. This API is associating a profile to a network interface here.
Regarding the usage of this API- You can refer to an example provided in legato-a.b.c/apps/test/modemServices/mdc/mdcIntegrationTest.

Thanks

Hi @riotc,
That’s what I thought. Thanks for the information!

Evets