Yocto build toolchain error

Hello Forum,

I try to build the Legato Linux source (mdm9x15-SWI9X15Y_07.11.09.00) with Yocto.

I start to build the swi-toolchain and I have the following error with “nativesdk-rpm” during the do_package step.

ERROR: debugedit failed with exit code 256 (cmd was '/home/spastor/work/rtone/sogexi/tmp/yocto/build_bin/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/rpm/bin/debugedit' -b '/home/spastor/work/rtone/sogexi/tmp/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/x86_64-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux' -d '/usr/src/debug' -i -l '/home/spastor/work/rtone/sogexi/tmp/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/x86_64-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux/nativesdk-rpm/5.4.14-r0/debugsources.list' '/home/spastor/work/rtone/sogexi/tmp/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/x86_64-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux/nativesdk-rpm/5.4.14-r0/package/opt/swi/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/lib/librpm-5.4.so'):
/home/spastor/work/rtone/sogexi/tmp/yocto/build_bin/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/rpm/bin/debugedit: canonicalization unexpectedly shrank by one character

The command executed outside the Yocto context (Directly from console) works.

If I add into the nativesdk-rpm recipe, the INHIBIT_PACKAGE_DEBUG_SPLIT = “1” flag, it’s work but another fail.

However, if a person has already experienced this problem…,

Thanks,
Sylvain

1 Like

i observed in latest release (SWI9X15Y_07.12.14.00), Where yocto was building successfully.
I did not come across this error.Can you please check in latest release.