Wp76xx - Linux Distribution Compilation issue: lk-1.3.0-r2 do_deploy

Hello,

I’m currently having trouble building the SWI9X07Y_02.18.06.00 Source without any modification (to start with). Note that I’ve been successfully rebuilding WP75xx Linux distribution a few weeks ago, using the same set up. Objective is to include Bluetooth driver.

I’ve downloaded the sources from this page: WP76xx Firmware Release 10.1.1 Components.

I’ve decompressed the tarball and run make (as I was doing when I was compiling the wp75xx linux distribution). Unfortunately I get the following error:

ERROR: lk-1.3.0-r2 do_deploy: Function failed: do_deploy (log file is located at ************/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/lk/1.3.0-r2/temp/log.do_deploy.18172) ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: ************/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/lk/1.3.0-r2/temp/log.do_deploy.18172 Log data follows: | DEBUG: Executing shell function do_deploy | ************/yocto/build_bin/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/share/android-signing/verity/boot_signer: line 8: java: command not found | WARNING: ************/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/lk/1.3.0-r2/temp/run.do_deploy.18172:1 exit 127 from '************/yocto/build_bin/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/share/android-signing/verity/boot_signer $image_type ${unsigned_image_path} ************/yocto/build_bin/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/share/android-signing/security/verity.pk8 ************/yocto/build_bin/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/share/android-signing/security/verity.x509.pem ${signed_image_path}' | ERROR: Function failed: do_deploy (log file is located at ************/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/lk/1.3.0-r2/temp/log.do_deploy.18172) ERROR: Task (************/yocto/meta-swi/meta-swi-mdm9xxx/recipes-bsp/lk/lk_1.3.0.bb:do_deploy) failed with exit code '1' NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2399 tasks of which 2376 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Did somebody have the same issue?

Thanks for your help,
Best regards,
Ben

Hi @ben.o,

it seems that the build can’t find java, as this build contains a signing process that relies on java, and this is not expressed as a build dependency so it fails.

Try to install openjdk-7-jdk or openjdk-8-jdk: sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk

1 Like

This is the list of packages that we use for our CI builds, in case it helps: docker-yocto-dev-image/Dockerfile at master · swi-infra/docker-yocto-dev-image · GitHub

Hi @CoRfr,

Thanks for your help! I’ve installed openjdk-8-sdk and it compiled properly.

Ben