The way of checking whether Linux kernel programs and data fit on RAM in WP7605

I would like to check whether Linux kernel programs and data fit not only on Flash in WP7605 module, but on RAM in the module.
I am afraid that big bss(block started by symbol) data causes RAM shortage.

To check the former(fit on Flash), I have to check according to section 3.6.2.1(Flash Memory) in “Product Technical Specification”(4119652, Rev 12).
However, To check the latter(fit on RAM), I have no idea what to do.

Could you tell me how to check whether Linux kernel programs and data fit on RAM in WP7605 module?

not sure if “top” or “ps aux” command can help you

1 Like

Commands top and ps aux help me.
However, I would rather check below:

1. memory map of WP7605
  2. definitions or manuals for memory allocation of RAM

How can I obtain these?

In this reply,

1. memory map means the list which shows the address I should access to read from or write to RAM, GPIO etc. For example:

2. memory allocation of RAM means the information for the Linux kernel program, the kernel data, the DMA buffer etc. using area in RAM. I think I can define memory allocation of some SoCs or processors by Device Tree.
    I have found some files for Device Tree, but do not know which files are for WP7605.

What I am afraid:
When I update Linux kernel, the bss data of kernel (not process or user application) uses too much RAM area, which causes error and halts WP7605 before I can connect WP7605 from console and can execute commands top or ps aux.

how about checking “cat /proc/iomem”?

1 Like