Looking for Advice on Using Legato to Update Secure Firmware on IoT Devices

Hello Everyone :hugs:,

I’m working on an endeavour right now that includes putting internet of things devices in a range of settings, a few of which are really sensitive and call for strong security measures.

The procedure for safely updating the firmware on these devices, which we are managing via the Legato platform, is one of the most important things we need to take care of.

I’ve been reading through the manual and several forum postings, but I continue to have some questions, so I’d appreciate any clarification or suggestions from anyone who have used Legato to upgrade firmware securely:

Top Techniques for Safe Firmware upgrades: How can the security and integrity of firmware upgrades that are downloaded over the air (OTA) be ensured? :thinking: Are there any particular Legato setups or actions that we should do in order to improve security? :thinking:

Authentication and encryption: What robust authentication and encryption strategies can we put in place for firmware updates? :thinking: Exist any suggested tools or libraries that work well with Legato to offer these security features? :thinking:

Rollback Mechanism: How should a rollback mechanism be implemented within the Legato architecture in the event that an update to the firmware fails or causes problems? :thinking: Exist any innate characteristics or trends that we ought to take into account? :thinking:

Monitoring and Logging: In order to find any irregularities or unauthorised efforts, how can we efficiently monitor & log firmware update activities? :thinking: Are there any particular Legato APIs or other programmes that can assist with thorough logging and monitoring? :thinking:

Case Studies & Examples: I would be interested in learning about your successes and any difficulties you had when deploying secure firmware updates using Legato if you have any case studies or practical examples.

I also checked this :point_right: https://forum.legato.io/t/got-error-when-create-access-point-with-fx30-and-iot-card/sap-sac but didn’t get clarification on that.

I appreciate :+1: your assistance and advice in advance. In order to secure the safety of our IoT devices, I am excited to use best practices and gain knowledge from the community’s combined experience.

when you say FOTA (firmware over the air), are you saying you have own server to store the firmware and you will download it through FTP/HTTP protocol?

Or you are saying the AVMS FOTA from Sierra portal?