Liblegato failure when "make wp76xx"

I have been trying to get through the Basic Build for the Application Framework, with little luck.

I followed the Getting Started, and was able to download the toolchain and successfully run “make”.

Afterwards if I configure my shell (source bin/configlegatoenv) it will locate my toolchain for the wp76xx. However, I see to be getting an unrelated issue (below) where it will always fail. I am getting it has something to do with how I changed my toolchain location (per the Basic Build Instructions). However, I can’t seem to figure out where it is missing the location.

[3/51] Compiling liblegato source file FAILED: /opt/swi/y22-ext-1801/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -MMD -MF /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/build/wp76xx/framework/obj/singlyLinkedList.c.o.d -c /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/liblegato/singlyLinkedList.c -o /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/build/wp76xx/framework/obj/singlyLinkedList.c.o -Wall -Werror -DLEGATO_EMBEDDED -fPIC -I/home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/daemons/linux -g -O2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -I/home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/liblegato/linux -DLE_COMPONENT_NAME=framework -I/home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/include -I/home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/liblegato -DDISABLE_SMACK=0 -DLE_SVCDIR_SERVER_SOCKET_NAME="\"/tmp/legato/serviceDirectoryServer\"" -DLE_SVCDIR_CLIENT_SOCKET_NAME="\"/tmp/legato/serviceDirectoryClient\"" In file included from /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/liblegato/singlyLinkedList.c:6:0: /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/include/legato.h:145:20: fatal error: unistd.h: No such file or directory #include ^ compilation terminated. [3/51] Compiling liblegato source file FAILED: /opt/swi/y22-ext-1801/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -MMD -MF /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/build/wp76xx/framework/obj/crc.c.o.d -c /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/liblegato/crc.c -o /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/build/wp76xx/framework/obj/crc.c.o -Wall -Werror -DLEGATO_EMBEDDED -fPIC -I/home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/daemons/linux -g -O2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -I/home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/liblegato/linux -DLE_COMPONENT_NAME=framework -I/home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/include -I/home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/liblegato -DDISABLE_SMACK=0 -DLE_SVCDIR_SERVER_SOCKET_NAME="\"/tmp/legato/serviceDirectoryServer\"" -DLE_SVCDIR_CLIENT_SOCKET_NAME="\"/tmp/legato/serviceDirectoryClient\"" In file included from /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/liblegato/crc.c:12:0: /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/include/legato.h:145:20: fatal error: unistd.h: No such file or directory #include ^ compilation terminated. [3/51] Compiling liblegato source file FAILED: /opt/swi/y22-ext-1801/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -MMD -MF /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/build/wp76xx/framework/obj/eventLoop.c.o.d -c /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/liblegato/linux/eventLoop.c -o /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/build/wp76xx/framework/obj/eventLoop.c.o -Wall -Werror -DLEGATO_EMBEDDED -fPIC -I/home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/daemons/linux -g -O2 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -I/home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/liblegato/linux -DLE_COMPONENT_NAME=framework -I/home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/include -I/home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/liblegato -DDISABLE_SMACK=0 -DLE_SVCDIR_SERVER_SOCKET_NAME="\"/tmp/legato/serviceDirectoryServer\"" -DLE_SVCDIR_CLIENT_SOCKET_NAME="\"/tmp/legato/serviceDirectoryClient\"" In file included from /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/liblegato/linux/eventLoop.c:96:0: /home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato/framework/include/legato.h:145:20: fatal error: unistd.h: No such file or directory #include ^ compilation terminated. ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed. Makefile.framework:108: recipe for target 'liblegato' failed make[1]: *** [liblegato] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/parallels/workspace/legatoAF/legato' Makefile:258: recipe for target 'framework_wp76xx' failed make: *** [framework_wp76xx] Error 2

Hi @HDe2OA,

which version of the framework and which version of the toolchain are you working with?

Seems you didn’t set the toolchain path correctly.
Please use path /opt/swi/y22-ext instead of /opt/swi/y22-ext-1801.