Legato firmware update questions

Hello everyone, I have few questions regarding firmware update.

• How to check if I am using single or dual system?
  • I know when I update new app with .update file, system enters probation period and rollback if app crashes multiple times. If I do complete system update with custom .spk file, will system also enter probation period and do a rollback if something is wrong?
  • When I do this update with custom .spk with swiflash command, is system automatically marked as good, or do I need to mark it as good? Does it rollback if it’s not marked as good?
  • My current firmware version is: SWI9X07Y_02.18.05.00 000000 jenkins 2018/07/19 17:40:21, when I do my update with mention .spk file, this version string does not change? How to affect this string so I know my firmware version is installed?

Thank you.

1.WP76 and WP77 are using single system.
2.if your .spk has problem in yocto during boot up, it cannot even go into legato. The module might just keep on rebooting.
3. you can make a test and check by “legato status”.
4. “SWI9X07Y_02.18.05.00 000000 jenkins 2018/07/19 17:40:21” is the modem FW where you don’t have source code to compile. You can only change yocto and legato and you can check those version by ATI8.

@jyijyi thank you very much for the answers. They are very helpful.
Legato status gives me [good], but I was not sure. Just to confirm:

• If everything goes well during update with .spk file and I get that status is good there won’t be any rollbacks? I have custom app in that .spk file, what happens if it starts crashing? I will have to manually do another update?
  • I’ve run microcom /dev/ttyAT
    ATI ATI8 AT!MAPUART? AT!GSTATUS?
    and I got this:

Manufacturer: Sierra Wireless, Incorporated
Model: WP7607-1
Revision: SWI9X07Y_02.18.05.00 000000 jenkins 2018/07/19 17:40:21
IMEI: something
IMEI SV: 5
FSN: something
+GCAP: +CGSM

ERROR
What am I doing wrong?
Sorry if these are basic questions, thank you

For the first question, I have never tried this. But you can verify it easily by creating a .spk file which have an application that will crash the systme when starts and see if they system will back to the previous one after several reset.

For AT commands, you cannot enter them in a line.
You need to do it one by one and each followed by “Enter” key.

@jyijyi I’ve tested what you mentioned earlier and it gives me following output

Process ‘helloworld’ (PID: 1331) has exited due to signal 6 (Aborted).
Process ‘helloworld’ reached the fault limit (in a ‘good’ system) and will be stopped.
Process ‘helloworld’ in app ‘HelloWorld’ faulted: Stopping app.
Stopping app ‘HelloWorld’
Application ‘HelloWorld’ has stopped.

So it seems that it just stops the app. After reboot same happens, meaning no rollback happened, I also verified this with legato status… This means I have to implement rollback myself or is there some other solution?

How about choose the faultaction in .adef file to be reboot?
You can see if the system will rollback after several reboot.

This just broke my legato framework :D. After several reboots, ended up with Legato Framework not running, so I had to flash everything again.
Thank you anyway.

You can then type “legato start” and see if the system rolls back.

I did and I got some error, not sure now which one, but I know system didn’t roll back, that’s why I flashed new image manually.

HI @MilanVidic,
do you need more information for this topic?
best regards,

No. Sorry for late reply. Thank you.