Compiling to specific glibc version with mkapp

I think the problem now is not yet related to GLIBC version as you cannot even compile out the binary to give a test.
Problem now is the toolchain in FX30catM not supporting “sys/random.h”

As far as I understand the random.c library is included from glibc 2.24 onward and this is the reason why I can’t compile. If u could confirm this @cchenry cause this is not what I was told. Cheers

where did you get this information that the random.c library is included from glibc 2.24 ?
FX30 FW 9.1 already have GLIBC 2.24 as stated above.

Sorry, I need glibc 2.25 for running random.c, that was a typo

Then i think it is not supported in this swi-fx30-catm_2.0.0 toolchain

@cchenry I am struggling a bit to follow, not sure if this was clear before but this is work for us and not pleasure. I am not sitting at home having fun with some fancy project, my company is evaluating this piece of hardware and have put some resources on it. I get the forum from the point of support, but if this is a way to hide from taking responsibilities then I doubt we can move on with this. I normally deal with support teams and ask questions which gets clear answers and then the support team deliver what promised. This doesn’t seems to be the case, with all due respect, I haven’t even understood if I am talking with sierra wireless people or with someone which has ‘some experience’ with this hardware. Not that I don’t appreciate ur help @jyijyi that is some serious effort you have put into this and gave me a lot of answers, but I need to understand I we are going to get proper support here or only some advises… this extend to the fact that I know many people are already using the CAN exp board with the FX30 where I was told that is not officially supported? As I said, we are planning the future planning of our company and with 4 weeks on our back which sound like a waste of time, this doesn’t looks like working very well in terms of support

I am not sure if there is any relationship between supporting CAN board and supporting random.c library.

By the way, if you confirm on your board that random.c library still no support on swi-fx30-catm_2.0.0 next week, will you consider to load wp77 FW and treat it as single wp77 module?

What are the implications with that?

Here you said you can use the wp77 toolchain with random.h library.

Hi Claudio,
This forum does indeed only provide free advice from the community, which consists of fellow developers and some Sierra Wireless people as well. We all do our best to help out each other, however, no one person has all the answers.

For official support, please contact your local FAE or your distributor.

Regarding the toolchain issue, I’m confused which version of the WP77 toolchain you’re using to obtain glibc 2.25. I’ve confirmed the WP77 R11 also uses glibc 2.24, while R12 and R13 use glibc 2.27.

FX30 releases are always based off WP77 releases, so the swi-fx30_2.0.0, which is based off R11 also contains glibc 2.24. I’m unsure how you concluded glibc 2.25 would be included.

I think you have the following options:

1. build your own yocto environment and add the glibc version you require
  2. use the WP77 stock code as @jyijyi suggested, however you will lose some FX30 functionality such as ethernet, RS485, some GPIO pins, LED control
  3. debug your app and determine why random.h is required

BR,
Chris

Well, according to our supplier (which is a company own by sierra wireless) the forum is the only source for support, this is the reason why we are relying on this. I thought the thread did report that we were after the glibc 2.25 in order to solve the compile problem, but that may have been a misunderstanding. From my prospective there is no problem on both solutions, either using the wp77 or re-building the whole yocto project, but of course I would prefer the faster one so we can focus on our application software which is what is really important for us. When using the wp77, is the CAN drive something easy to use and tested? Any template-demo about how to open and use the drive? The ethernet and led control, is something which can be re-done easy enough?

Have you debugged your app to remove random.h?

Btw, i saw there is a wiki about how to use CAN on mangoh board: