Using Ubuntu 12.04 (under VMWare player), I have built the Legato Yocto 15.05 and generated the ‘kernel’ and ‘rootfs’ images. We are using two different chips on our Eval board: AR7552 and AR7554, and they are different in their modem part.
In generating the images, I ran ‘make’ from the ‘Yocto’ top level directory without any options. Which of the following assumptions are correct:
- The images are platform independent and can be sent to either target with ‘fastboot’. If true, then what operation differentiates the chips from each other?
- The images are by default for one platform only. which one? How to ‘make’ the other one?
- Do the images have the Modem firmware in them? If yes, for which target? How to make the other one?
- Do the images contain ‘Legato’ framework in them or it must be sent to the Target separately using ‘instlegato build/ar7 192.168.1.2’?
- Why burning the ‘kernel’ and ‘rootfs’ does not clear the file ‘/etc/legato/usbmode’?
Thanks for any ideas.