Legato sampes and tests

How to build properly legato samples ans tests for wp76xx?
Following commands try to work, but something goes wrong:
make samples_wp76xx
make tests_wp76xx
make all_wp76xx
(only make framework_wp76xx works properly)

Hi,

We have verified in legato release 10.1(Legato-18.06.3) with corresponding toolchain.
We checked all the commands listed and able to compile.
We did below steps,
sudo make clean
sudo make samples_wp76xx (Compilation success)
sudo make clean
sudo make tests_wp76xx (Compilation success)
sudo make clean
sudo make all_wp76xx (Compilation success)

sudo make framework_wp76xx will also works fine.
Please try with “sudo” once.
May I know which legato version you are using? Please check in release 10.1.

Hi,

May I know what is the use case and requirement of the command of “NUM_THREADS=1 BB_NUMBER_THREADS=1 make”.
Because it is very straight forward that you need get the respective legato-AF and corresponding tool chain, and with this make samples_wp76xx, make tests_wp76xx , make all_wp76xx , etc ., should work without any issues. We have tried at our side, it worked fine.
Also please let us know the Folder structure i.e From where and how you are downloading legato toolchain? also what is legato version you are using?

Please try with ubuntu 16. We have not tried in docker.
Thanks,

Sorry for previous messages which actually were for another thread.

Now about tests and samples.

Have you configured environment variables? I haven’t seen. It can’t wok without p reconfigured toolchain.

I configured environment …TOOLCHAIN…, CROSS_COMPILE etc and tried to compile.
When compiled from user and root I get similar results, it misses legato.jar:

make[4]: Entering directory ‘/home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/build/wp76xx’
[ 2%] mkapp ‘ipcTestC2Java’: /home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/build/wp76xx/tests/apps/ipcTestC2Java.wp76xx
cd /home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/apps/test/ipc && PATH=/home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/bin:/home/costa/modular/sierra/toolchain/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/home/costa/modular/sierra/toolchain/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi:/home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/bin /home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/bin/mkapp ipcTestC2Java.adef -t wp76xx -w /home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/build/wp76xx/apps/test/ipc/_build_ipcTestC2Java.wp76xx -i /home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/apps/test/ipc -c /home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/apps/test/ipc -o /home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/build/wp76xx/tests/apps -i interfaces -s /home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/components --cflags=-I/home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/build/wp76xx/CUnit/include --ldflags=“/home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/build/wp76xx/CUnit/lib/libcunit.a”
ninja: error: ‘/home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/build/wp76xx/framework/lib/legato.jar’, needed by ‘/home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/build/wp76xx/apps/test/ipc/_build_ipcTestC2Java.wp76xx/component/37ae4f27297cd797cdadb98fa2ff61ad/obj/build.stamp’, missing and no known rule to make it
apps/test/ipc/CMakeFiles/ipcTestC2Java.dir/build.make:57: recipe for target ‘apps/test/ipc/CMakeFiles/ipcTestC2Java’ failed
make[4]: *** [apps/test/ipc/CMakeFiles/ipcTestC2Java] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory ‘/home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/build/wp76xx’
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:11849: recipe for target ‘apps/test/ipc/CMakeFiles/ipcTestC2Java.dir/all’ failed
make[3]: * * * [apps/test/ipc/CMakeFiles/ipcTestC2Java.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory ‘/home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/build/wp76xx’
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4028: recipe for target ‘apps/test/CMakeFiles/tests.dir/rule’ failed
make[2]: * * * [apps/test/CMakeFiles/tests.dir/rule] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/build/wp76xx’
Makefile:1260: recipe for target ‘tests’ failed
make[1]: *** [tests] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/costa/modular/sierra/legato-18.06.3/build/wp76xx’
Makefile:334: recipe for target ‘tests_wp76xx’ failed
make: *** [tests_wp76xx] Error 2

Accordingly External Java libraries - #9 by kent1ukr I’ve installed and added
export JDK_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/include
The build completed.