FX30 network problem with cellular connection

Hi all, and thanks for your help!

@davidc you’re right, ping6 google.com gives a reply when connection is established and ping google.com doesn’t work.
I tried to change the pdp to IPV4 and connecting with internet4 apn but the problem is still the reverting of the apn. However, after reboot → cm data connect (no result) → “changing” the apn to internet I got connected, no IPv4 address though. Then I changed the apn to internet4 and established connection, the apn reverted back to internet but now I was able to ping IPv4 google address. curl icanhazip.com on the other hand did not work.

@cchenry thank you, I checked the version and it is indeed R13.1.2.004.
I’m using Developer Studio with SSH Terminal connection to query the device, so AT commands are apparently inputted with microcom -E /dev/ttyAT command (based on this source)? Just to make sure.
The AT+CGDCONT? gives either

+CGDCONT: 1,"IPV4V6","internet4","0.0.0.0",0,0

or

+CGDCONT: 1,"IPV4V6","internet","0.0.0.0",0,0

depending on the situation, it is the same what apn data gives out.

This is now pretty hard to reproduce as I changed the pdp to IPV4 and apn to internet4, rebooted the device with also plugging of the power supply, and now the apn is sometimes internet4 after reboot and sometimes internet. Each time the cm data connect gets stuck in an endless loop failing to establish the connection right after reboot, but changing the apn (either to something else or “changing” to the default) the connection now succeeds to establish.
I’ll try to update the firmware and see if it has any effect to this. I will post the results here after I’ve managed to do that.

Thank you!