Problem during software update

Hello,

I have an issue when I try to update my Legato application on a FX30 :

When I send a software update from AirVantage using “Install Application”, I get the following error :

Mar 8 16:12:56 | avcDaemon[598]/avcDaemon T=main | avcServer.c QueryUninstall() 702 | Automatically deferring uninstall, while waiting for control app to register

How can I make the update to work even if my app is not a control app?

I have to say that I’ve had this working without any issues. But you do need an active av session on the device so somewhere you have to have an app that calls le_avc_StartSession(), or an active session through AT commands.

I am having the same issue. I did install an avcControl app sample and kept it running on the target which handles the remote updates but when the remote update is pushed to the device from airvantage apparently the avcControl app I installed gets uninstalled and finally I get the same error message:

avcDaemon[598]/avcDaemon T=main | avcServer.c QueryUninstall() 702 | Automatically deferring uninstall, while waiting for control app to register

Hi QuentinHab,
Virajpadte had the same problem, i had asked him to check with official FX30 latest release and it had solved his issue itseems. Please check the comments in this post for the solution.

Regards,
Muralidhara

Hi @QuentinHab,

I can vouch for that. Murali’s instructions work perfectly for SOTA using Legato 16.10.1. Please make sure you confirm the versions using cm info.

Regards,

Viraj

Hi @virajpadte ,

I follow your topic and I’m here now.
I’m aslo using fx30 and I got some trouble with it. I check cm info and I got
Firmware : SWI9X15Y_07.11.22.00 r33729 …

Everything ok but I can’t update my application by SOTA, I think my issue from config XML before I zip this file. Can you show me detail how to config XML file, Please help me?