Adding a layer to legato

you guys really dont make life easy…

so Ive got to add a layer to the existing Legato-Dist-Source-mdm9x15-SWI9X15Y_07.12.14.00.tar.bz2

i can build images with make very easily, however we have some custom proprietary apps that require their own layer and licensing, and well to be honest looking around, i see 0 documentation on how to add a layer to your reworked non-git shareable macroed re-engineered version of yocto … im to say the least quite a bit dissatisfied at the abnormal modifications your concocted over a logical working yocto experience. Ive said it before… great board great design, but your killing us with this over-engineered process of having three trees to deal with and not being able to productively use the sdk as we would in yocto. i wount even mention how far behind ¨current"yocto we are with this SDK however…

can someone explain in the simplest of terms how does one add a layer… without me having to waste hours deciphering your macros and such…

when i make a build i simply run make… and it does generate the correct cwe files, which i can make a custom flashable spk no problem… i just want to simply add a layer to be included without jumping through hoops…

ps… ill also state ive had to update certain apps… cmake and others to more recent versions just so our apps will build properly… why so far behind normal yocto… how have you made it so hard to even update to a more recent version…

1 Like

Hi,

can you have a look on the attached “Create new layer.docx” to see if this is what you want?

Create new layer.docx (14.2 KB)

1 Like

YOU ROCK… Thanks for that